Sign in to follow this  
Ron P

Bluetooth/Sync question

Has anybody had this happen before? Suddenly my Sync tells me in the morning that there is no cellphone linked to it, even though I am using the same phone as in the past. The BlackBerry phone states that it has lost the handsfree connection to Sync. I tried disconnecting the Sync on the phone and pairing it up[ again, and that didn't help. I have tried connecting to the phone using the Sync controls, and that did not work. I don't know if this is a Sync problem or a BlackBerry problem. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

On the rare occasion I experinced this, I found cycling the phone off then back on, and sometimes the car with it, fixes this.

I now try to get my car started quickly, or give it a few seconds after the bluetooth paired before starting. I suspect (more like guess) the start sequence disrupts the pairing or phonebook download or something.

Yup, same here. Just recycle the phone off than on and then you can reconnect. Mine happens every couple of weeks. No big deal once you know how to get it back. I now look for the bluetooth icon and if it's not there, recycle.

Dan

I turned phone Blue-tooth off, then the phone off, then on, then turned blue tooth on. I deleted phone from Sync then re-paired. Resetting the phone was probably enough.

Has anybody had this happen before? Suddenly my Sync tells me in the morning that there is no cellphone linked to it, even though I am using the same phone as in the past. The BlackBerry phone states that it has lost the handsfree connection to Sync. I tried disconnecting the Sync on the phone and pairing it up[ again, and that didn't help. I have tried connecting to the phone using the Sync controls, and that did not work. I don't know if this is a Sync problem or a BlackBerry problem. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Thanks for all of the advice. I tried all of the suggestions from everyone, and none of them worked. Finally found a method on the Sync website that worked. I had to delete the pairing with Sync from my cellphone, remove the battery from the phone for five minutes, then reinstall the battery. Then remove the cellphone from the Sync system, then pair it with the cellphone again. From the number of posts on the Sync websites, this problem happens frequently.

Thanks for all of the advice. I tried all of the suggestions from everyone, and none of them worked. Finally found a method on the Sync website that worked. I had to delete the pairing with Sync from my cellphone, remove the battery from the phone for five minutes, then reinstall the battery. Then remove the cellphone from the Sync system, then pair it with the cellphone again. From the number of posts on the Sync websites, this problem happens frequently.

Well, it looks like I spoke too soon. The phone worked this morning, but did not have a connection again on the way home. Anybody have any ideas?

I'm having an issue with my bluetooth/sync where when I press the hang up button (3 secs) and now the hang up button on the nav screen, it won't hang up my phone anymore. Using an HTC Touch Pro 2. Not sure if its the car or the phone.

Well, it looks like I spoke too soon. The phone worked this morning, but did not have a connection again on the way home. Anybody have any ideas?

Took a while, but now I know what happened. My company initiated new cell phone security, and didn't tell any of us. Now, instead of having an automatic connection from the cell phone to Sync when I start the car, the phone is asking me if I want to allow the connection and I have to click "yes". When I did not click "yes" the last few days, because I did not know Ithis was happening, the Sync was not connecting to the phone. At least I feel better that it is not the Fusion's fault.