fhartell

Black Upper & Lower Grille's

Beauty is in the eye.... you know. Tastes are all over the spectrum. Some people like the Pontiac A$$tek! I like the chrome, too, but in a few colors I also like the monochrome package.

I simply don't understand the anti-chrome movement. The reason I selected the new Ford Fusion was because of the styling which, when enhanced by the standard chrome grille and moldings, sets the car apart from the others. When the chrome is removed the car instantly looks like every other plain Jane model out there. I applaud Ford designers for thinking outside the box and heading in the direction of an era when chrome was as important as the paint on a car.

I agree. It was the front end styling and especially the grille that originally attracted me to the 2010. I've seen pics of folks who have replaced the grille with mesh and I think it makes it look like a Malibu grille. I'm not a fan of the monochrome either, other than black, it adds too much body color and not enough contrast.

I personally like sterling Grey metallic monochrome appearance package.

I also love what MRT did with their sema car. The black chrome looked very clean.

I also loved MRT's 2010 SEMA Fusion. That's why I had them do the same dark chrome treatment on my car!

P1040579Asm.jpg

I had them tint my side markers, tail lights, and belt-line window chrome as well.

P1050661A.jpg

Edited by autoxr1

I like the look of the black chrome look but it is overplayed here, 3 fusions have that done. I am getting all my chrome wrapped in matte black vinyl. On the sport blue it stands out real well, i have photoshopped it. I would like to see an aftermarket lower grille thats not all gangstar mesh

Overplayed? Other than the MRT show car, mine is the only 2010 Fusion to have this done, to my knowledge.

Of course, when the 2011 Fusions roll out, ALL Sport models will have a dark chrome grille. Seems that Ford also liked the MRT show car and made this standard, just like on the prior Sport Appearance Package.

As far as the lower grille, I really like it since it echos the Australian Ford Falcon XR6-T which is a killer RWD sedan.

ford-fg-falcon-xr6-turbo1.jpg