Sign in to follow this  
black70bird

High Beam Bulb Replacement

Has anyone replaced the hi high beam bulbs in a 2010 FFH? Which way does the socket turn? The manual says see the dealer.

Thanx in advance for information from anyone who has been successful! :banghead:

Update: The bulbs twist counter clockwise to remove and clockwise to insert. The longer tabs on the bulbs line up with the securing screws. You may have to use a needle nose pliers to turn the bulb so the tabs are under the securing screw head as a bare hand may not have enough torque to achieve successful seating. Also helps to have a double jointed arm on the right side and takes only a couple of minutes on the left: remove the battery along with the air intake tube.

Cheers :idea:

Edited by black70bird

Are those the main headlights? I've found them to be very bad, I can barely see like 50 feet in front of me. I was going to ask the dealer if they do replacements or had any suggestions. I keep my Fog likes on all the time just so it helps,.

Are those the main headlights? I've found them to be very bad, I can barely see like 50 feet in front of me. I was going to ask the dealer if they do replacements or had any suggestions. I keep my Fog likes on all the time just so it helps,.

Mine work fine. Have you checked the aiming. Mine were low from the factory.

I replaced the low beams with 5000K HIDs, high beams with Nokya 5000K halogen and fogs with Silverstars. I also raised the aim by 1/2 turn up. :happy feet: