Sign in to follow this  
Ranger_Rick

200 hrs engine operation

I believe I am going to reach 200 hrs of operation before 5000 miles.

Is there a way to call up the accumulated operation time on the dashboard?

TIA

TIA

How do you know you're getting close to 200 hours? Is this related to the 200 hours of operation between oil changes, as opposed to miles driven?

Dan

How do you know you're getting close to 200 hours? Is this related to the 200 hours of operation between oil changes, as opposed to miles driven?

Dan

Yes, it is. My use of the vehicle is very predictable.

I really miss the ability to monitor hours. Got used to that with my Pontiac G5.

Yes, it is. My use of the vehicle is very predictable.

Ok, well it's my understanding that the 200 hours is for the ICE being on and not the car being driven. I first thought the 200 hours would be going by pretty quickly, but when I multiplied 200 (hours) by 60 (mph) I got 12000 miles. I looked at this as a hypothetical gauge. That being said, the owner's manual lists 10,000 or 1 year between oil changes. I'm at 8800 miles and I've had the car since May 09. So I'll do my change at 10,000 miles. For me it's much easier to use that are a reminder.

Dan

TIA

You can use Timer1 or Timer2. They record hours of operation, which does not indicate just hours of ICE use. Of course, if you have the "Dashboard Reset" occur, you will loose the information.

Would you mind telling us what sort of driving you do? 200 hours for 5000 miles is only an average of 25 mph, and when I'm driving that slow, the ICE is off a good portion of the time.

The driving is all surface street traffic, 10 miles round trip. I rarely get above 30 mph, which is fine by me given all the nut jobs roaming around with shopping carts collecting recycling.

The driving is all surface street traffic, 10 miles round trip. I rarely get above 30 mph, which is fine by me given all the nut jobs roaming around with shopping carts collecting recycling.

So does the ICE continue to run all through your commute? I would suspect once the engine warms up you'd be in EV mode. If you're never in EV mode then you will need to change your oil more frequently. I would believe in that situation, 5000 miles should be more than enough.

Dan