Howie411

Got a letter today from Ford

Got a letter today from Ford regarding the break system issue and I should call my dealer to schedule an appointment, the letter say it will take "less than one-half day" to complete I purchased my car Oct 30th, and it was built early Oct.

Went in to The Ford Store of San Leandro this last Saturday morning, 02/13/10, at 8:00 am, and was out by 9:15 am. It's a simple transmission and brake software update.

P.S.: It's spelled "Brake."

I usually go in expecting to be there a full half-day, but got it done very quickly...

Edited by tonifan

Got a letter today from Ford regarding the break system issue and I should call my dealer to schedule an appointment, the letter say it will take "less than one-half day" to complete I purchased my car Oct 30th, and it was built early Oct.

Had mine done yesterday. Took about 2 hours, plus the did a Multipoint inspection and washed the car.

Dan

Went in to The Ford Store of San Leandro this last Saturday morning, 02/13/10, at 8:00 am, and was out by 9:15 am. It's a simple transmission and brake software update.

P.S.: It's spelled "Brake."

I took mine in last Friday for an oil change and tire rotation. They never said a word to me about the letter I received today from Ford. Got to love it. The only dealer in sixty miles offers great service again.

I'm booked in for update. Service guy heard there was a re-program, but hasn't performed one on a hybrid yet. I think there are only two or three here in the city. Anyways he said should take about 30 min, and all details where their. So first thing in the morning I'll drop off car for reprogramming.

Can you tell a difference in the brakes since the update?

I can't. They work just fine. I had my update done on Monday.

Dan

I got my update yesterday, no difference in the driveability or feel of brakes. Wasn't expecting to "feel" anything since it was just a software re-program, and I doubt it would change the amount of pressure needed on the Brake peddle to go from Electronic braking (Computer determines Regen, Friction Pad or combination) to Hydraulic. (straight pads)

hey lo how can you have the fix if the car is more than a few weeks old & not been updated ? (either the dealer rep lives under a rock or they didn't understand) ((signed I got my letter but have taken no action yet (((zero braking problems here)))))

I am new to the Forum and am trying to find out if anyone still have the brake problem after the "fix". This problem happened to me three times in the past months (where the brake pedal sinks all the way without having brake during low-speed). I took my car in but the dealer said that I already have the latest update and there was nothing they can do as they cannot reproduce the problem during the testdrive. Please let me know if anyone still have similar problem after the update.

Thanks.

There are several possibilities here.

1) If your car was built after Oct. 09 (see drivers door sill placard), you supposedly have the latest software and therefore the glitch is not fixed by this software. Bad news for Ford and owners.

2) If your car was built before Oct. 09, you have the old software and the dealer was in error about having the latest software.

3) The software change supposedly occurred in mid-Oct so if it says Oct. on the placard, you don't know.

4) Did you get a dash warning message and chime? Even so, if you push further down on pedal you will get brakes. There is about an additional inch of travel.

5) In any case, take it back to the dealer and document the problem in writing to them. File a report to NHTSA at http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfm

There are several possibilities here.

1) If your car was built after Oct. 09 (see drivers door sill placard), you supposedly have the latest software and therefore the glitch is not fixed by this software. Bad news for Ford and owners.

2) If your car was built before Oct. 09, you have the old software and the dealer was in error about having the latest software.

3) The software change supposedly occurred in mid-Oct so if it says Oct. on the placard, you don't know.

4) Did you get a dash warning message and chime? Even so, if you push further down on pedal you will get brakes. There is about an additional inch of travel.

5) In any case, take it back to the dealer and document the problem in writing to them. File a report to NHTSA at http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfm

Got my update done today. My brakes( or as some of you call them----breaks) have never acted strange.

I took my car in at 4:15 p.m. and was out by 4:55 p.m. My only gripe is that it reset my long term fuel economy.

I had the reprogram done last week... Never had a problem with my brakes... But now I no longer have the brake regeneration icon show when I do apply the brakes... Took it back to the dealer, and they rechecked to make sure all is working... They said everything was ok, so I guess the reprogram eliminates the brake regen icon...anyone else have this occur?

I had the reprogram done last week... Never had a problem with my brakes... But now I no longer have the brake regeneration icon show when I do apply the brakes... Took it back to the dealer, and they rechecked to make sure all is working... They said everything was ok, so I guess the reprogram eliminates the brake regen icon...anyone else have this occur?

I havent had that reprogram done yet.... but I had some repair work done ($4k from someone rearending me), and they reset my overall MPG etc...

Im wondering if you might just have the display set to a different "mode", as they do not all show the regeneration icon. (The modes like enlighten/empower/engage/and theres another one I forgot the name of...)

Of the four dash display modes, "Inform" and "Enlighten" never displayed the circular regen brake arrows. The "Engage" and "Empower" did. Is that still the case after the brake software update?

In and out the door in 45 minutes. Switched dashboard back to Engage, regen symbol working again. No difference to feel of brakes.

I was in by 8AM and out at 8:30AM. The servcie writer said when I showed him the letter "oh an easy one. I 'll be back to get you in a bit.".

I took mine in today for reprograming. I did loose my long term gas mileage and it did reset my dash display to a differet setting.have been keeping my milage on the IPhone GasBuddy app so I still have great records on my mileage.