Sign in to follow this  
2010 Sport Blue SEL

Molded Rear Splash Guards

I just checked the fordaccessoriesstore.com web site and rear splash guards for the 2010 are now listed on the site. Sorry Sport owners, it states not for use on Sport models. I tried to Add to Cart and nothing happened so I'm not sure what's happening there. At least they are finally available and I can replace the ill fitting rear guards designed for the 2006-2009 models. :happy feet:

Edited by 2010 Sport Blue SEL

I just checked the fordaccessoriesstore.com web site and rear splash guards for the 2010 are now listed on the site. Sorry Sport owners, it states not for use on Sport models. I tried to Add to Cart and nothing happened so I'm not sure what's happening there. At least they are finally available and I can replace the ill fitting rear guards designed for the 2006-2009 models. :happy feet:

Do you have a part number. I can't find it on the site you list. TIA

Do you have a part number. I can't find it on the site you list. TIA

part number: AE5Z-16A550-BA

The product description is:

Splash Guards, Molded, Rear

Part Number: AE5Z-16A550-BA

SRP: $45.36

I sent an order request to my dealer. It appears that if you order through the Ford Accessories site you have to go through a dealer. As soon as licensing allows they should be available through dealerfit.com at a slightly cheaper price.

part number: AE5Z-16A550-BA

The product description is:

Splash Guards, Molded, Rear

Part Number: AE5Z-16A550-BA

SRP: $45.36

I sent an order request to my dealer. It appears that if you order through the Ford Accessories site you have to go through a dealer. As soon as licensing allows they should be available through dealerfit.com at a slightly cheaper price.

Thanks, I ordered mine today.

Edited by FFHdriver

The parts department at my dealer called last week to confirm my order. I called them today and the parts guy said the splash guards can be ordered but no distributors in Minnesota have then in stock yet.

The parts department at my dealer called last week to confirm my order. I called them today and the parts guy said the splash guards can be ordered but no distributors in Minnesota have then in stock yet.

It sure would be nice to see a picture of the front, or rear, moulded splash guards. I haven't been able to find any.

It sure would be nice to see a picture of the front, or rear, moulded splash guards. I haven't been able to find any.

Here are some pics of the splash guards that were supposed to fit 2006-2010. The fronts are fine but you can see the gap between the guard and the lower rear quarter on the rear.

BOO HISS, I have a Sport you TEASE!!!

An owner on another website says the rear guards for the 2010 fit the ridge in the wheel opening perfectly. Mine are on order.

I picked up my 2010 splash guards today. Before I left the dealer I made sure they fit by trying them on a showroom Fusion and they fit good. I read here or somewhere the Fusion name isn't pressed into the guard, it is on mine. I'll install on a warmer and dryer day, plus I just finished installing Silverstar headlamps (see my post for details) and that's quite enough for today.

I installed my splash guards and it took just under an hour. They fit perfectly but are smaller than the ones I removed. They extend out about 1/4" but don't extend down very far, only about 1/2". I'm assuming the designers took into account the shape of the lower rear panel and decided it didn't need to extend down any farther. Short story long... the guards the parts guy first gave me and I used to see if they fit the 2010 were a different design than the ones I took home. They extended down farther and had the Fusion name embossed in the plastic. Problem was there was no hardware in the bag (I'm glad I checked before driving home) so he gave me another set they had which were the shorter version with no name. Anyway, they fit good, installed easily and stiffened up the lower rear panel so I'm satisfied. I'll post some pics later today.

They sure don't look like they will protect much. I just put a set of store bought on a 1995 Grand Marquis that has a molded lip to go against eh body. I am going to see if I can find a few more sets since I need a pair for the rear now, and I will see if they fit the Sport.

Hello all finally signed up been reading here for a while. Bought our 2010 Fusion in Aug. this last summer nice car very happy with it. It been put up for the winter.

I agree not much to the rear splash guards I'm disappointed been waiting on them what a waste. I'm thinking just getting the flat ones then you can mount them for better protection. There are a few other options I have found but I was waiting on Ford. I figured they would have done a better job.

Thanks for the pictures I'll see what I can find now. Will post my findings.

RickH, I purchased a set of flat splash guards and had to return them. Because of various bump outs in the front wheel well liners they're too wide and don't fit unless you cut them to fit. I didn't try fitting the rears because I wasn't happy with the fronts and didn't want to custom cut them. There's still snow on the ground here and that splashes up regardless of the size of the guard. The rears don't look like they provide much protection, but the way the rear lower panel curves up I think they'll work fine, especially with heavier objects like stones and rocks.

In case anyone's still looking, molded splash guards, which fit all SE/SEL/Hybrid '10 Fusions are now available. Ford part number for the set of four is 6E5Z-16A550-AA. Got mine the other day and the fit perfectly and were very easy to install.

In case anyone's still looking, molded splash guards, which fit all SE/SEL/Hybrid '10 Fusions are now available. Ford part number for the set of four is 6E5Z-16A550-AA. Got mine the other day and the fit perfectly and were very easy to install.

The part number you listed is for 2006-2009 Fusions. The rears don't fit correctly because of the ridge behind the 2010 rear wheel opening. As 2010 Sport Blue SEL says the 2010 rear is AE5Z-16A550-BA.

Edited by FFHdriver

The part number you listed is for 2006-2009 Fusions. The rears don't fit correctly because of the ridge behind the 2010 rear wheel opening. As 2010 Sport Blue SEL says the 2010 rear is AE5Z-16A550-BA.

They fit my '10 SEL perfectly! Part number I gave 6E5Z-16A550-AA is for a set of 4 for a '10 SE/SEL/Hybrid.

They fit my '10 SEL perfectly! Part number I gave 6E5Z-16A550-AA is for a set of 4 for a '10 SE/SEL/Hybrid.

Then the Ford owners website is incorrect where I got my info. I have the ones I listed and they came in a front and a separate rear set .

Then the Ford owners website is incorrect where I got my info. I have the ones I listed and they came in a front and a separate rear set .

Wouldn't be the first time a website was incorrect. I have a package and an invoice with part no. 6E5Z-16A550-AA on it, however the front/rear were packaged separately. Stuff changes all the time. I guess the most important thing is that after waiting nearly a year for these splash guards, they are finally available! Check this web site: Ford Parts Direct Online It's also a Ford web site.

can you post some pics so we can see them good before we order any, thanks in advance, ciao...........

Check post #12 on this thread. :beerchug:

Just thought I'd give an update on my factory splash guards on my 2010 SE. I bought and installed them, I forgot the exact date, but it was when I ran into a little extra money around the last Super Bowl... (First time, EVER)

Anyways, now that we've recently been through more rain than I've seen in San Diego since I've lived here, and varied amounts, too, I can say I'm pleasantly suprised at what a good job they do keeping all the nasty dirt buildup along the sides of the car. And I have smokestone, too, which may not show up as much as some of the other colors, but I really noticed before how bad it got when I wash the car. Now it's nothing like before I installed them. I was originally disappointed with their size, but they seem to do the job quite well.

Just thought I'd give an update on my factory splash guards on my 2010 SE. I bought and installed them, I forgot the exact date, but it was when I ran into a little extra money around the last Super Bowl... (First time, EVER)

Anyways, now that we've recently been through more rain than I've seen in San Diego since I've lived here, and varied amounts, too, I can say I'm pleasantly suprised at what a good job they do keeping all the nasty dirt buildup along the sides of the car. And I have smokestone, too, which may not show up as much as some of the other colors, but I really noticed before how bad it got when I wash the car. Now it's nothing like before I installed them. I was originally disappointed with their size, but they seem to do the job quite well.

I have to say that I totally agree. I installed mine as soon as the rear ones were available. I, too, couldn't believe the half inch or so that the rear ones provide. I just shrugged it off as completing the "look". But, they do work. When I washed the car this weekend, it was obvious that they had been keeping the rear panel much cleaner than before they were installed. Still expensive, but worth the look of being made specifically for the car. :shift: