Sign in to follow this  
Howie411

Inside Cleaning

What is everyone using to clean the inside of their Fusion, I'm guessing there is about 2 - 3 different material types (not including the leather seats) I've noticed some dirt smudges here and there and I'd like to clean them.

Stay away from Armor All, it looks good, but out gasses onto the windshield and is a MoFo to remove. Their cleaner though works really good, and is all that is really needed. For Leather, Lexol works best.

I was reading about leather care and would like to know what products you are using for their Ford. I have/waiting for my FFH and would like to know how to care for it. I read that some are coated with something that protects it and doesn't need care for a while before cleaning.

Meguiars is pretty good, Lexol if you can find it is also very good, but if you get the wrong type, can take the finish off, but leaves the leather super soft. I have saddles and reins that I use Lexol on and when done cleaning, my hands are brown from the stain, but the leather is soft and supple. Lexol has a cream that is used on saddle surfaces that soaks in, but does not remove the finish, and that is what I use on the seats. I used it in my Veracruz, the leather was really stiff when I first got it, and a fwe cleanings later the leather is softer.