Sign in to follow this  
Howie411

New Ford Fusion Hybrid Owner Questions

Had my FFH for 3 days now. First of all I love it. I have a few questions though.

1. Does anyone keep kicking that panel near the gas/break pedal? It seems pretty low and every time I move between gas and break my foot hits it.

2. I synced my Ipod to my Radio, it seems to work fine the first time, but if a song is playing and I get to my location, leave the car and come back later, when it restarts playing the music you can't hear anything. Only way I've found to fix it is turn off the radio completely.

3. Any way to train the Sync System better. I seem to remember the commercials made it look so nice and fluent, and I'm like "Play Album Madonna" and it either hears me wrong so doesn't understand me and I have to say it very slow.

Thanks for the info.

Had my FFH for 3 days now. First of all I love it. I have a few questions though.

1. Does anyone keep kicking that panel near the gas/break pedal? It seems pretty low and every time I move between gas and break my foot hits it.

2. I synced my Ipod to my Radio, it seems to work fine the first time, but if a song is playing and I get to my location, leave the car and come back later, when it restarts playing the music you can't hear anything. Only way I've found to fix it is turn off the radio completely.

3. Any way to train the Sync System better. I seem to remember the commercials made it look so nice and fluent, and I'm like "Play Album Madonna" and it either hears me wrong so doesn't understand me and I have to say it very slow.

Thanks for the info.

1. No and I'm 6'3" and size 13 shoes. But I do have a problem somewhere along the line when I get out of the car part of my body must hit the headlight switch and turns off the foglights. Doesn't happen all the time but once in a while.

2. can't help

3. On my Nav sync there is a place to train it. You repeat all the words it tells you one at a time and takes a good 5 minutes.

Answers:

1. Yup, this is very annoying and still bothers me a bit. Why Ford didn't find this an issue, I don't know.

You get used to it and adjust your seat and foot position and don't wear big shoes. I've come to live with it.

2. Do you mean iPhone? Or how are you connected exactly? With a USB cable or Bluetooth?

Try turning up the volume on the device, max it out when in a call - had this issue on my iPhone and no

further issue.

3. On the menus, you can set a profile and go through the training for that profile. Helps alot. It gets

better over time, you get used to it and it gets used to you. The name recognition for dialing names

stored on my phone is excellant - never misses and this belows me away. Citities and POIs may be

a bit tougher to master.

The name recognition for dialing names stored on my phone is excellant - never misses and this belows me away.

ditto. My buddies aftermarket nav system is so bad that he doesn't even attempt to use the voice dialing feature. I don't think mine has called a single wrong number yet... knock on wood

I do find it annoying I can not search a name of a place without choosing what POI category I think it is in first. (or am I doing something wrong?)

ditto. My buddies aftermarket nav system is so bad that he doesn't even attempt to use the voice dialing feature. I don't think mine has called a single wrong number yet... knock on wood

I do find it annoying I can not search a name of a place without choosing what POI category I think it is in first. (or am I doing something wrong?)

I think thw problem with my Ipod waas the first few times it hadn't fully indexed correctly. I've yet to have a problem with it since the first day, I'll keep an eye on it.

My next question, anyone notice the audio sound difference between devices, watching a dvd, playing an mp3, playing the radio and using the phone I have to readjust the volume for each.

This is a problem with SYNC, you can't individually adjust volumes. The problem is mostly a too loud SYNC voice. Turning up the phone's volume to max helps a little. There have been complaints to Ford. Maybe some day there may be an update.

Lee

This is a problem with SYNC, you can't individually adjust volumes. The problem is mostly a too loud SYNC voice. Turning up the phone's volume to max helps a little. There have been complaints to Ford. Maybe some day there may be an update.

Lee

Actually you can adjust the individual volume settings however it can't be done via a menu option. For example, the next time you push the Voice button, start adjusting your volume. You'll notice it says something like "Prompt Volume". Same goes for when getting directions, once you hear the directions you can begin adjusting the volume for that device. Phone however, yes, you can change it the same way, once on a phone call (prompt shows Phone Volume) turn the volume up but it doesn't stick like the others.

As a tip, unless you're watching a DVD, go into your sound and set the settings to Stereo instead of Surround.

I'm also on SYNC 3.0... first thing I did was upgrade. upgrades can be found www.syncmyride.com or www.syncmyride.ca

Actually you can adjust the individual volume settings however it can't be done via a menu option. For example, the next time you push the Voice button, start adjusting your volume. You'll notice it says something like "Prompt Volume". Same goes for when getting directions, once you hear the directions you can begin adjusting the volume for that device. Phone however, yes, you can change it the same way, once on a phone call (prompt shows Phone Volume) turn the volume up but it doesn't stick like the others.

As a tip, unless you're watching a DVD, go into your sound and set the settings to Stereo instead of Surround.

I'm also on SYNC 3.0... first thing I did was upgrade. upgrades can be found www.syncmyride.com or www.syncmyride.ca

How do you tell what version you have? I assume since my car was built the first week in Oct it already has it, and it let me set up 911 Assist.

How do you tell what version you have? I assume since my car was built the first week in Oct it already has it, and it let me set up 911 Assist.

Couple ways Howie

Press the menu button and go to system info.

or go to www.syncmyride.ca or www.syncmyride.com and they have instructions on how to get a data fril from you car, and the website ill inform you if you require an upated.

Couple ways Howie

Press the menu button and go to system info.

or go to www.syncmyride.ca or www.syncmyride.com and they have instructions on how to get a data fril from you car, and the website ill inform you if you require an upated.

Thanks, ya I found it the other day when I was updating my Sync.