wpm1123

Premium Maintenance Plans

Has anyone purchased this plan? I'm looking at doing a 6 year/100K mile plan and was curious about what kind of price people have paid. Thanks.

I just got a quote through email from the myfordwarranty.com people:

Hybrid Pricing

4 Year/60k(service every 10,000 miles)=$700

5 Year/75k(service every 10,000 miles)=$750

6 Year/100k(service every 10,000 miles)=$1000

hmm... still gonna go over numbers for an estimate later, but yeh that seems too high?

I have 3-4k miles left until 10k so have to buy any warranty or maintenance by then. I think I'm going to go with either the 100 deductible 7/100k premium care ESP for 1200 or the $200 deductible 7/100k premium ESP for 1040.

I took the leap to buy the ESP (100K miles) plan because I generally drive a car 100K miles. I thought I was a good investment as an insurance policy on a car in its first model year. That being said, I think a maintenance plan is not insurance. As a insurance policy against a high cost repair, ESP makes sense. Maintenance should be pay as you good. You may end up trading in the car and wasting the money on it. The 2012 Fusion plug in with 80 MPG may call to you and all of the sudden you own it.

https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/main...intSchedule.asp

Here is the maintenance schedule (you may have to enter the vehicle again)

It appears that there is more than just a few oil changes and tire rotations. I would imagine the brakes would need to be replaces at least once over 100K miles, as well as transmission fluid, etc.

I'm thinking that $1000 for this plan might not be such a terrible deal, but didn't know for sure. When I called and spoke to a guy from Buy-ford-warranty, he said I could get the 100K mile tune up stuff done just before 100K miles and get that done with this package.

I have 3-4k miles left until 10k so have to buy any warranty or maintenance by then. I think I'm going to go with either the 100 deductible 7/100k premium care ESP for 1200 or the $200 deductible 7/100k premium ESP for 1040.

7/100k w/100 deductible is only 1080.00 on buy-ford-warranty.com (at least it was a week ago when I bought mine) and I also added on "first day rental" for 90 (maybe 75?)

As for gambling... yes, I am willing to take a 1200.00 gamble for the next 7 years of my car. It may not work but hey, 14.00 a month is a small price to ensure I wont have to cover anything breaking on a very high tech car. Electronics such as the dash, nav system, etc are only covered by the 3 year.

7/100k w/100 deductible is only 1080.00 on buy-ford-warranty.com (at least it was a week ago when I bought mine) and I also added on "first day rental" for 90 (maybe 75?)

As for gambling... yes, I am willing to take a 1200.00 gamble for the next 7 years of my car. It may not work but hey, 14.00 a month is a small price to ensure I wont have to cover anything breaking on a very high tech car. Electronics such as the dash, nav system, etc are only covered by the 3 year.

Good point on the lower price. I'd checked both there and myfordwarranty before and for some they were higher, some were lower. I forgot to check that one again when I compared prices the other day. Hmm... on the "Buy Ford Warranty" site, it has a notice posted: *Just Announced* 10/15/2009

Ford announces pricing increase effective 11/01/2009

For example: Diesel EngineCare

Plans to INCREASE by $400.00!

Buy now at lower price! "

I wonder if that's true....

So you're willing to gamble $1200 cash out of pocket on the slight chance that you'll spend more than that on a major repair in 2 years/40k miles? The factory powertrain warranty is 5/60k and those are the really expensive parts. And that assumes you'll keep it 7 yrs or 100k miles.

If you have 1 covered $3K repair every 3 cars you're still out $600. But if it makes you feel better.....

The ESP is supposed to cover wear and tear as well. And also I could see the nav or lcd dashboard having problems that would be Expensive to fix. (I don't know the backlight/make of the lcd on dashboard... hope it doesn't get "dim" as fast as some lcds, as I doubt they'd replace a dim but still working lcd).

I also do not know if I will keep the car 7 years. If I sell it in 6 years, I think the ESP warranty will add value to the sale of the car (?), and you can't just purchase/add 1 year of the ESP at that time as far as I know.

I don't think any warranty covers normal wear and tear including the factory warranty. But like I said - if it makes you feel better, go for it.

Yea I bought the ESP but pretty sure it does not cover wear and tear items unless there is an abnormal amount of wear and tear do to manufacture deffect

Yea I bought the ESP but pretty sure it does not cover wear and tear items unless there is an abnormal amount of wear and tear do to manufacture deffect

I havent obtained/looked at the actual policy, I was going from the table shown at http://www.buy-ford-warranty.com/compare.aspx and assuming that they got that marketing material from Ford. They show that the Ford ESP "Covers wear & tear failures" (Maybe it's incorrect information though)

I need to do some research on the Fusion warranty. I bought a 2006 Mercury Mariner Hybrid. The warranty on that one was 3 years/36000 miles bumper to bumper and 5 years/60000 miles for drivetrain. In MA the hybrid battery has an extended warranty to either 100K or 120K (don't remember which). What is the warranty on the FFH?

After 7 trips to the dealer in the summer of 06 for the same problem (have not seen this problem on this forum :-), I was eligible for a new car under the MA Lemon Laws. I chose to keep the Hybrid as I understand that I am making an investment in this technology; in turn I successfully asked FoMoCo give me a 100K mile extended warranty with $100 deductible for free. And a good thing I did...

Just this past summer at 44K miles, it happened. The check engine light continued to burn and the brakes failed each time the the warning illuminated (top half of the pedal is the electrical system and the bottom half is the hydraulics). The dealer diagnosed my problem as greater than just the 'brain' that had been replaced a couple of years earlier while under the 3 year bumper-to-bumper. Turns out this time they replaced the entire wiring harness in the engine bay. Yes, the whole thing. They had to take the entire front end of the truck apart to get to the wiring. After it was put together, it still did not run. Ford flew one of their top engineers to my dealer to complete the repair. This was a 3 week repair ! There was approximately $3500 of parts and labor (excluding travel costs and expert guidance) put into the repair according to a conversation I had with the repair tech.

Long story short, the warranty paid for the repair with only a $100 deductible from me. I am convinced that the extended warranty was well worth having and plan to buy an extended warranty when I pull the trigger on the Fusion. It didn't cover any oil changes, so, I may be talking about something entirely different. My experience says that I trust Ford, but, need to be cautious about who will pay for the repairs down the road.

I need to do some research on the Fusion warranty. I bought a 2006 Mercury Mariner Hybrid. The warranty on that one was 3 years/36000 miles bumper to bumper and 5 years/60000 miles for drivetrain. In MA the hybrid battery has an extended warranty to either 100K or 120K (don't remember which). What is the warranty on the FFH?

After 7 trips to the dealer in the summer of 06 for the same problem (have not seen this problem on this forum :-), I was eligible for a new car under the MA Lemon Laws. I chose to keep the Hybrid as I understand that I am making an investment in this technology; in turn I successfully asked FoMoCo give me a 100K mile extended warranty with $100 deductible for free. And a good thing I did...

Just this past summer at 44K miles, it happened. The check engine light continued to burn and the brakes failed each time the the warning illuminated (top half of the pedal is the electrical system and the bottom half is the hydraulics). The dealer diagnosed my problem as greater than just the 'brain' that had been replaced a couple of years earlier while under the 3 year bumper-to-bumper. Turns out this time they replaced the entire wiring harness in the engine bay. Yes, the whole thing. They had to take the entire front end of the truck apart to get to the wiring. After it was put together, it still did not run. Ford flew one of their top engineers to my dealer to complete the repair. This was a 3 week repair ! There was approximately $3500 of parts and labor (excluding travel costs and expert guidance) put into the repair according to a conversation I had with the repair tech.

Long story short, the warranty paid for the repair with only a $100 deductible from me. I am convinced that the extended warranty was well worth having and plan to buy an extended warranty when I pull the trigger on the Fusion. It didn't cover any oil changes, so, I may be talking about something entirely different. My experience says that I trust Ford, but, need to be cautious about who will pay for the repairs down the road.

I was/am considering the Geico warranty service. Has anyone used it? Its like an extra $5-6 a month and I think you can take it up to like 8 years 100,000 miles.

DEAR HOWIE411,

PLZ 4GIVE ALL CAPS! I HAVE A VISION PROBLEM.

PLZ GIVE ME MORE DETAILS ABOUT YOUR PROBLEM AND ATTACH A .pdf OR .jpeg FROM THE DEALERSHIP'S REPAIR SHOP IF POSSIBLE.

MY COUSIN'S COUSIN HAS A 2010 FFH SOUNDS SIMILAR.

I,OOPS I MEAN HE IS OF LIKE MIND:

" keep the Hybrid as I understand that I am making an investment in this technology.

TTYL,

DARBY

Just put away an extra $20/month ($1200 over the 5/60 warranty period) into a high interest savings account (assume 1.3%). You'll have about $1240 at the end of the powertrain warranty. Granted, that $20/month was just a starting point to match the price of the plan, but I would still self-insure and put in more than that, probably in a short term high-yield bond fund. I don't think they would be selling them if they lost money on those plans. At any rate, it's a gamble either way. I'd rather have the cash cushion if I don't use any of my car fund. With the ESP, you don't have that option. Just my opinion and of course it's up to you. :beerchug: