Sign in to follow this  
wstcoaster07

Window lock not working?

I am not sure if I am missing something, but to lock window use from everyone but the driver, you should only have to use the window lock switch on the driver door panel correct? I set to lock after I got my windows tinted to prevent passengers from accidentally putting the windows down. However, when going out last night my buddy in the front passenger seat put the window down even though the lock was set to on.... any ideas?

That's the way mine works. The window lock prevents the rear window controls from working, but both the driver and passenger can operate their windows regardless of whether the windows are locked or not.

This actually works for me. I've got to prevent the kids from opening the windows, but the wife doesn't freak when she can't open the window.

Hi wstcoaster. :D As tx_traveler explained above, the window lock only locks-out the rear window controls. The front passenger window control will still operate.

If you would like to verify this, it is also explained in the Owners Manual.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Ah, was so used to my Jeep locking all windows except the driver. Guess I could have looked it up first :)