Sign in to follow this  
CmelChappy

How to set value?

Have a 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid with 2,500 miles, ice blue, fully equiped except GPS with grey leather, Sony 6 disc, moon roof and clear title. I paid $32,200.00 before taxes, which included the unavoidable dealer markup of almost $1,000.00. Ford gave nothing off because they are real slow in coming. My dealer has only received three this year!

Ford offers no rebates or free interest...the only Ford product without them!

Have no idea of what to ask for this car but have been told that I should get a fairly good price due to a very short supply. Have no idea of how to sell this car. Would welcome any helpful comments.

This car has exceptional torque and accelleration up to and above legal speeds, especially in town and on crooked roads, up or down hill. Other than a stiff ride, it is a really exceptional vehicle. My average mileage so far is 41.2 mpg, combined city and highway miles, mostly highway with a rather heavy foot on the pedal.

I have had cataracts removed from both eyes with resulting 20/20 vision, but my near vision is terrible without lenses and the instrument panel and console drive me nuts with all the lights, little pictures and stuff. Am too old for all the above.

You shouldn't expect to get anything over 29k. I have the black with 502a + powercode and paid 29.5. The dealer actually threw in a 500.00 for credit for college graduates which made it just shy of 29k (somehow I qualified even though it was just over 2 years ago when I graduated)

p.s. just for fun I checked on KBB and Nada... still no option for 2010 so no luck getting a used estimate

You shouldn't expect to get anything over 29k. I have the black with 502a + powercode and paid 29.5. The dealer actually threw in a 500.00 for credit for college graduates which made it just shy of 29k (somehow I qualified even though it was just over 2 years ago when I graduated)

p.s. just for fun I checked on KBB and Nada... still no option for 2010 so no luck getting a used estimate

I too paid invoice on order of Aug. 27th. Didn't get any credits as I didn't fit any of them. Basically you got a used car, and all you can hope would be gas goes up a dollar very soon which isn't going to happen.

One more thing that will effect the price of a used FFH is the tax credit that could be I think $3400 at one time, I got the $1700 on mine and has now dropped to $850 I think. Just because you paid way to much doesn't mean it is really worth this much. Just think of the guy who paid $29.5 - 3400 tax credit. He only has about 26 into it and dealers know all this. Thats why rebates on cars can be a huge deal for some but a bitch for those who brought when the car first came out and paid sticker or more like you did. Sorry to sound so negitive but just stating the facts for you.

One more thing that will effect the price of a used FFH is the tax credit that could be I think $3400 at one time, I got the $1700 on mine and has now dropped to $850 I think. Just because you paid way to much doesn't mean it is really worth this much. Just think of the guy who paid $29.5 - 3400 tax credit. He only has about 26 into it and dealers know all this. Thats why rebates on cars can be a huge deal for some but a bitch for those who brought when the car first came out and paid sticker or more like you did. Sorry to sound so negitive but just stating the facts for you.

Not to disagree, but I purchased my FFH the 29th of June, no state sales tax and a Federal Tax Credit of $1700.00. My dealer told me that no one, nowhere, took delivery of a FFH early enough to get the $3400.00 tax credit. Town Ford didn't get their first FFH until well into the month of June, long after the $3400.00 tax credit and just prior to the end of the $1700.00 tax credit.

My local dealer laughed at me when I asked that he drop the Local Area Adjustment of $936.00. Since he had only received three (3) FFH's all year long and with the fourth two months in the future, there was absolutely no hope of talking down the price. FOMOCO offered free financing and rebates on every product except hybrids. As the old saying goes, supply and demand determines the price.

The person that got a reduced price on his FFH (the dealer obviously knocked of the local area adjustment) and $500.00 school discount must have found a really hungry dealer.

My FFH became used the minute I gave the dealer a check for $32,200.00, but theoretically should be worth more than usual used due to the lack of availability. If I wanted a FFH and learned that I would have to wait a matter of months for a new one, I would probably consider purchasing an almost new one for thousands of dollars less.

I have read literally hundreds of complaints of dealers adding on local area adustment prices, some most unreasonable.

I too paid invoice on order of Aug. 27th. Didn't get any credits as I didn't fit any of them. Basically you got a used car, and all you can hope would be gas goes up a dollar very soon which isn't going to happen.

Would you supply me with the name and location of the dealer that gave you the equivalent of $1500.00 off on an extremely hard to get FFH? It would appear that the dealer not only gave you $500.00 off for school but also did not add on the universal "local area price adjustment" of around $1000.00 which is really unusual.

The $32000.00 I paid for my FFH the 29th of June was the same price as every test and review article posted on the internet.

I have read a number of comments in this forum and others of the long wait, usually several months, to get a new FFH and then often not in your color or equipment choice. Another comment on this page mentioned that you got the $3400.00 Federal Tax credit, but it is my understanding that credit expired long before the first FFH hit the dealers lot. Was he wrong? I purchased my FFH in June just before the $1700.00 Federal Tax Credit expired.

Would you supply me with the name and location of the dealer that dropped his "local area adjustment" and gave you a $500.00 school discount on the purchase of an extremely had to get FFH. I mentioned this to my local Ford Dealer, Town Ford, and he started laughing. This amounts to a total discount of $1500.00 on a car that he will only get four or five all year long, if he's lucky.

Would you supply me with the name and location of the dealer that dropped his "local area adjustment" and gave you a $500.00 school discount on the purchase of an extremely had to get FFH. I mentioned this to my local Ford Dealer, Town Ford, and he started laughing. This amounts to a total discount of $1500.00 on a car that he will only get four or five all year long, if he's lucky.

Not sure what any of this information will do for you but I bought it from Eddie Yaklin Ford in Kingsville, TX

Cash price: 29925.00 (502A, powercode remote, tuxedo black, med light stone interior)

Rebate: 500.00 college grad rebate

total before fees: 29425.00

Tax Credit: should be 1,700.00 since it was purchased prior to 01OCT09

Also not sure why you are so surprised to hear this price because it seems a bunch of other people have been able to pay under 30k for theirs as well with the same options

Keep in mind that a "hard to get FFH" doesn't apply because I ordered mine.

p.s. I was in the dealership for a good 2 hours before I got them to go that low on the price btw. Having a fully functional car made it no rush which put the ball in my court. Also, this all happened prior to cash for clunkers so they were not selling many cars either

I was under the impression that Ford had discontinued the $500 credit for college graduates as my dealer didn't know anything about it. To be fair thought, they are a new Ford dealer as the VW dealer bought out the old Ford dealer that had gone out of business. Did they offer it to you or did you have to mention it?

I am curious as I could qualify for it if it is still going on.

You are still in school?

Yes, I am currently finishing up my masters. I did a quick search and I just found out that the program is indeed still going on, but I do not qualify as any purchases made under the X-Plan is considered ineligible.

I am jealous at those of you who were able to order your Fusion Hybrids at invoice as I did a lot of searching and only one dealer would let me order a Fusion Hybrid under the x-plan in my area. Of all of the dealers that refused to honor an x-plan on an order, they all said they would do no bigger of a discount than $1000 under MSRP.

I graduated back in May of 2007. I have no clue what the stipulations/qualification dates were for the 500 rebate but they gave it to me. I didn't even ask about the rebate, the finance lady just walked in and said they were able to knock another 500.00 off. I was pretty surprised because most rebates are not applicable to the hybrids... oh well, made me happy haha

I didn't get any school discounts etc. like some have as I didn't qualify for them but shopped around the Lansing, Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids area dealers on the net as I had NO trade and got a number of offers for me to order at invoice. Both Lansing area dealers the one in Okemos and the one I ordered from Grand Ledge Ford/Mercury both offered to order me one at invoice. I worked with Ron Kempf who is only in Mon. thru Thurs partly retired to order on Aug. 27th and we drove it away on Oct. 5th, a week ago. They couldn't match the online price for the extended warranty though but it is cheaper on line as I don't have to pay state taxes. Grand Ledge Ford has had a number of Hybrids as I drove a Ford and a Merc version before ordering and when mine came in there was two others on the same load. Lansing is a G.M. town so all dealers are used to having to compete against the G.M. dealers for business.

I graduated back in May of 2007. I have no clue what the stipulations/qualification dates were for the 500 rebate but they gave it to me. I didn't even ask about the rebate, the finance lady just walked in and said they were able to knock another 500.00 off. I was pretty surprised because most rebates are not applicable to the hybrids... oh well, made me happy haha

Apparantly the rebate applies to anyone who is still in school(grad or undergrag), or someone who has graduated less than 2 years ago. However, it is not eligible on x-plan orders unfortunately. According to the Ford website, all vehicles qualify for the $500 college grad except for the Shelby Cobras.

I'm confused.....do you mean that a car dealer bases his trade in allowance on the amount of Federal Tax Credit the owner received. I always understood that trade in allowances were based on the condition of the trade in and what it is being traded on. I don't believe I paid way too much.....I paid the going price in my locality!

I'm confused.....do you mean that a car dealer bases his trade in allowance on the amount of Federal Tax Credit the owner received. I always understood that trade in allowances were based on the condition of the trade in and what it is being traded on. I don't believe I paid way too much.....I paid the going price in my locality!

Sorry, but right now the dealer where I bought my FFH has a fully loaded FFH w/nav listed at what you paid for your car new so I would be suprised if you can get more than 30k for your. Keep in mind that the 32.3k does not include the tax rebate of $850. Also in CT you don't pay sales tax on any new car that averages over 40 mpg on either the city or highway mileage. But you would have to pay the 6% sales tax on a used vehicle.

link with inventory and price: Litchfield Ford

The dealer bases his trade in allowance on what he can sell the car for minus his profit and any repairs he has to make.

I have had cataracts removed from both eyes with resulting 20/20 vision, but my near vision is terrible without lenses and the instrument panel and console drive me nuts with all the lights, little pictures and stuff. Am too old for all the above.

Too old? I'm 61 and wear tri-focals. Works perfectly for the instrument cluster. You can turn off the console coffee holder ring lights. Gosh, I'd hate to give up a fine car like this when corrective lenses could allow you to drive with optical comfort. I'm thinking sunglasses with the near-vision optical correction that turn clear in the dark. Plus, you could use these for regular reading glasses as well, since the top part of the lens would be non-corrected since you'd have 20/20 for far off.