Sign in to follow this  
fordfever

Abmient Lighting Under Seats

Does the ambient lighting that appears under the seats an option that needs to be purchased seperately? Or is it included with the FFH? I believe the lighting in the cupholders are included. Also, can they be left on while the car is in drive mode? I like the fact that we can change the color when we please.

Thanks

Does the ambient lighting that appears under the seats an option that needs to be purchased seperately? Or is it included with the FFH? I believe the lighting in the cupholders are included. Also, can they be left on while the car is in drive mode? I like the fact that we can change the color when we please.

Thanks

They are included in the FFH but they are not under the seat in the front---they shine onto the floor. They stay on while driving.

They are included in the FFH but they are not under the seat in the front---they shine onto the floor. They stay on while driving.

I would describe them as outlining the cup holders (which I've found very handy) and also one light in each of the "foot area" for each seating position. You can change the color settings while parked or while driving, pushing the button will scroll through 6 different colors or setting #7 is lights off.

I think they look really cool and helps when it is dark out. Will match perfectly with any paint or interior I select.

I think they look really cool and helps when it is dark out. Will match perfectly with any paint or interior I select.

Just realize that there is an enormous amount of blue coming from the dash and console stack (NAV) --- when using the blue tones on the ambient lighting it tend to enhance what is already there. The pink just makes my daughter happy. :hysterical2:

Just realize that there is an enormous amount of blue coming from the dash and console stack (NAV) --- when using the blue tones on the ambient lighting it tend to enhance what is already there. The pink just makes my daughter happy. :hysterical2:

I hear ya! I've enjoyed the Ambient Lighting in my 08 Fusion for the last two years. I prefer the dark blue setting, but it's on pink after my daughter drives the car!

The real questions is .... Did you ask for the lighting to be installed by your dealer", you should always rmember these rules....

1 - If it is on the window sticker then the dealer is not due anymore money becasue you have already paid for them when you ordered the car.

2 - If the dealer put them on without yo requesting them, it's the dealer's problem, not yors nd the dealer can either take them off or leav them installed without any charges to you.

3 - If you requested them and the factory did not install them, then you have to pay fo them.

I wish the ambient light colors adjusted the gauge lights too. Its nice that one of the ambient light colors is the light blue (cyan) but it always seems odd to use a different ambient color when all the dash lights are still cyan.