wnyvet

Be Honest

Just some harmless curiosity for two-car owners: do you keep an eye on the weather, before deciding which one to climb into? If there's definitely inclement weather in store, do you choose an alternate mode of transportation, instead of taking a shiny newer one outside?

Love the FFH, but I'm driving the truck to work today, because it's going to be nasty out :wacko:

Just some harmless curiosity for two-car owners: do you keep an eye on the weather, before deciding which one to climb into? If there's definitely inclement weather in store, do you choose an alternate mode of transportation, instead of taking a shiny newer one outside?

Love the FFH, but I'm driving the truck to work today, because it's going to be nasty out :wacko:

Depends on what is happening with the weather. If it is just a one day bad weather and I can I use the other car if it is dirty but if it is going to be bad for a few days I know the wife will need one during that period so $6 out the window and I drive it. Since cars now days are galvanized metal on both sides it won't hurt the car any to drive it. Besides, I have never kept a car longer than 4 years and that was only once. My cars always look like almost new even after the 4 years as they are kept in a garage and I have never put over 35K on a new car.

I'll be keeping my Escape because I need a summer tow vehicle and when I get my new car besides being garaged daily, I'll try to keep it clean from winters occasional messiness. I will use the Escape occasionally in winter weather just to give it some use and because with 4WD it is kind of fun too. Even still, I plan on buying 4 winter wheel combinations for seasonal swap out because I often travel to snow country and am away for days at a time and can easily get caught out in weather.

The wife drives her F-150 no matter what. She has kids to get back and forth to school and I would rather her have the 4x4. I drove my 2007 Mustang GT two winters here in Utah with no problems. I think it really is a state of mind and experience that dictates what bad weather will do to your drive in the bad weather. I think that here in Utah it is the overconfident people that cause the wrecks more than the inexperienced.

Probably depends on where one lives. My road is several miles of gravel. When the rains come, the truck roars to life and is pressed into service. My FFH is buttoned up in the garage.

I have a 2008 Lariat F150 with the 5.4l engine...I drive my 09 Fusion unless I need to haul something, and I'll drive it when it starts snowing again. I haven't drove my truck since July except to tow the boat to the lake one day. the truck gets a combined mileage of 17mpg, and the Fusion gets a combined of 24.

If the car is clean then I'll take the wife's car. I also took her car when I had to drop off and pick up the dog.

There has been considerable discussion on the Snow/Ice capabilities of the low rolling resistance tires. I will most likely take my Avalanche whenever accumulation seems likely. I am sure I will give the FFH a try in those conditions just to see...

And for all other "nasty" conditions...it's a tough call!! Love the car!! :shift:

I bet the FFH will do alright in poor conditions, but to me I don't see the point in not driving my jeep just to be safe. Plus, in the Jeep I have no problem aiming at puddles to have a little fun ;)