Stang8URMPRT

New Member... New FFH

After ordering my Fusion Hybrid 5 months ago, it's finally here. Got every option available (502A, Remote Start, All Weather Floormats), Ice Blue... Black interior. We LOVE it. I traded in my '07 Grabber Orange Mustang GT for it... and my wife is very happy. Rear facing car seat + Mustang = No way. Still have my '90 Mustang 5.0 though, so I'm not Mustangless. Here are a few pictures....

DSC03761.jpg

DSC03763.jpg

DSC03764.jpg

DSC03765.jpg

DSC03766.jpg

DSC03767.jpg

DSC03769.jpg

DSC03770.jpg

DSC03774.jpg

Nick

Congrats as that is an absolutely beautiful car. I just ordered my FFH exactly as yours with the exception of a light stone interior instead of black. I just hope mine doesn't take 5 months to arrive. It has been half a week and it is clear the wait is going to feel like it is longer.

Thanks guys! I work in a shop all day, so light interior does not work for me... That and black interior is damn good lookin'!

Nick

It's funny, I have the same color too. We obviously like it.

The dealer tried to convince me that "NOBODY" gets Blue with a Black interior - his

words were "that's like getting a yellow car with a beige interior" - or some goofy

combo he made up - tried hard to talk me out of it. No idea why - guess he figured

if he got stuck with it, nobody wou;d ever buy it off the lot!

Another FFH in Wichita. Congrats! I went with the lighter "medium stone" leather interior. The black is definitely cooler looking (especially against the white exterior) - but not cooler temperature-wise.

Funny story about the blue exterior....

I originally wanted white with stone interior, but the combo was popular in SoCal and the dealer didn't offer much hope due to low regional inventory. When we discussed other colors he opined the blue was rather feminine, but stopped short of blurting out "chick color." Due to my other color biases, blue became the target of his inventory search. Upon delivery, he proclaimed it to be a "nonagressive" color! Riiiiiiight!!

Scott, I guess you didn't want to wait the 8+weeks to get the color you wanted? I got the Platinum White ordered. I'm in SoCal also - Huntington Beach (OC). What city are you in?

No, I didn't want to wait very long. Factory-ordered a vehicle once, took nearly 3 months, and I'm just not that patient! Also wanted to dispose of the old vehicle prior to DMV renewal.

I'm down the coast in Oceanside; worked with dealers in Vista and Carlsbad, but finally bought in Encinitas.

As for the color, no regrets, though white is very nice!

Light blue is a chick color?

I ordered mine this way as it reminded me of a Suzuka Blue Honda S2000 I once had. I also ordered it this way as I thought it wasn't going to be a very popular color option, only to see that many people here have ordered it with this color. I did the light stone interior exactly for temperature purposes as I hate frying my ass on a hot summer day when the car has been sitting out on a lot all day long. I am also not a fan of dark interiors.

Congatulations, ordered same thing here in Canada, gray interior. I admit that black looks nicer but again there is that sun factor.

Enjoy, I know I will!!

Now complaints: had choice of black or grey interior and I wanted beige (tan). Just now I saw post where guy put on Youtube his new FFH Hybrid and it is exactly what I wanted, 2 tone tan dash and tan leather ... beautiful ...WTF?

Congatulations, ordered same thing here in Canada, gray interior. I admit that black looks nicer but again there is that sun factor.

Enjoy, I know I will!!

Now complaints: had choice of black or grey interior and I wanted beige (tan). Just now I saw post where guy put on Youtube his new FFH Hybrid and it is exactly what I wanted, 2 tone tan dash and tan leather ... beautiful ...WTF?

Can you post the link?

I have the "medium stone" interior, which is a light tan. The dash is two-tone. I wonder if Canadians get something different?

By the way, I was not very impressed by the exterior color palette. No red or true blue. Just black, a green bordering on black, white, silver, gray, and a gray-ish blue. Didn't matter to me because I wanted the white tri-coat (looks like a Mercedes), but it was an unimpressive palette overall.

By the way, I was not very impressed by the exterior color palette. No red or true blue. Just black, a green bordering on black, white, silver, gray, and a gray-ish blue. Didn't matter to me because I wanted the white tri-coat (looks like a Mercedes), but it was an unimpressive palette overall.

I agree. I ordered Sterling Gray, and as much as I do like it, the red is NICE and I wish I could have gotten it.

Hi,

I got a Grey FFH with Black Interior with the 502a package, less than a week ago. I live in South Florida, but they only interior I liked was the black interior. The dealer also had a Ice Blue with black interior that they ended up trading for mine. Also, I have kids, so black interior was the color for me...

So far I have put about 250 miles on it and I have to say that I'm thoroughly impressed with the car. I like the Sync system (I thought I would never say that about a Microsoft product!!!) and the navigation and of course the fuel efficiency is just ridiculous... I went to Key Largo over the weekend, 120 miles round trip and averaged 40 MPG. The 2005 GMC Envoy I traded in, was averaging about 12 MPG!!!

APM

(I will post a few pictures a bit later...)

Can you post the link?

I have the "medium stone" interior, which is a light tan. The dash is two-tone. I wonder if Canadians get something different?

Here is a link:

Again, I am pissed off at selections. Same is with Prius. US buyers have many more packages to choose from. I know that FFH is coming from USA anyway and I was content to wait (I am waiting for car right now anyway) but there is no choice like that.

Here is a link:

Again, I am pissed off at selections. Same is with Prius. US buyers have many more packages to choose from. I know that FFH is coming from USA anyway and I was content to wait (I am waiting for car right now anyway) but there is no choice like that.

Wouldn't it be cheaper just to buy it in the States anyway? I don't know how that works. Maybe there's a big import tax or something.

I don't get Canada. Aside from the funny accent and the metric system, the people don't seem very different from Americans - they just choose to watch hockey, endure longer winters, and pay more for just about everything - except the healthcare, which is crap. Ok, I'll grant you the metric system, but other than that, I just don't get it.

Wouldn't it be cheaper just to buy it in the States anyway? I don't know how that works. Maybe there's a big import tax or something.

I don't get Canada. Aside from the funny accent and the metric system, the people don't seem very different from Americans - they just choose to watch hockey, endure longer winters, and pay more for just about everything - except the healthcare, which is crap. Ok, I'll grant you the metric system, but other than that, I just don't get it.

* For most of it you are right. Yes, I would save the money even after paying 7% PST + 5% GST (our beloved taxes). For some funny reason many of the US dealer's would not sell car to Canadian. Than there is a problem with plates. I wouldn't able to get temporary ones so I would have to rent a trailer to get my car to Canada. Car must be on approved list to import it into Canada. It has to have KMH speedo instead of MPH and more ...

* You are right about prices, everything costs more. To buy beer have to go to Beer Store monopolistic pigs to get it.

* For cold we can't do much except run to our condo in Florida every 2 months or so (going there next Friday).

* For health care, it is not the top notch but still way better than US. That part I would not exchange with US one under any circumstances.

* Whoever decided to switch to metric system in Canada (long time ago) should get free booze and women for life! Whole world is on metric and so should you.

But now we are off the topic here. Can't wait until Mexican workers assemble my new Ford Fusion Hybrid