Sign in to follow this  
Deathlok

iTouch has issues with USB port: FORd says do not use them

I was told this by the dealership who got in touch with FORD. Apparently, there is known issues with the iTouch & the USB port in the 2010 Fusions. Mine was giving me a connection error/see dealership. SO they checked & reset it but contacted FORD.

So until further notice, FORD recommends that you DO NOT use an iTouch in the 2010 Fusion USB port! FORD is working on a solution.

I was told this by the dealership who got in touch with FORD. Apparently, there is known issues with the iTouch & the USB port in the 2010 Fusions. Mine was giving me a connection error/see dealership. SO they checked & reset it but contacted FORD.

So until further notice, FORD recommends that you DO NOT use an iTouch in the 2010 Fusion USB port! FORD is working on a solution.

yeah i had that same problem and was told the same thing, back in june. but once i updated my sync to version 3.0 w/ traffic and directions and updated my itouch to software v. 3.0 everything worked great and i havent had a problem since

yeah i had that same problem and was told the same thing, back in june. but once i updated my sync to version 3.0 w/ traffic and directions and updated my itouch to software v. 3.0 everything worked great and i havent had a problem since

Its a little different in Canada. We do not get Sirius real time traffic alerts & all the other real time stuff.

Are there certain USB drives that work with FORD sync? I tried one I got at BB. It had some word documents on it & 5 Mp3s, but once I plugged it in, it said there were no files it could recognize or something like that. Any ideas?

I also went to the syncmyride web site & tried to download the program that will tell you what software you have on sync & it would not download.

Here is what I get:

Step 3: Install Files in your Vehicle

Download Status: We weren’t able to download the following files:

* SYNC Traffic, Directions & Information—Update 3.0

*** Perhaps it only works in USA.

Why even hassle hooking up your iTouch? I just put all my music onto a USB jump drive and leave it permanently plugged in.

And I don't think SYNC will recognize an mp3 unless it contains metadata identifying the artist, album, song, and genre. This might be your problem.

There is a free app available at syncmyride which automatically goes through your library and fills in all the missing metadata.

Its a little different in Canada. We do not get Sirius real time traffic alerts & all the other real time stuff.

Are there certain USB drives that work with FORD sync? I tried one I got at BB. It had some word documents on it & 5 Mp3s, but once I plugged it in, it said there were no files it could recognize or something like that. Any ideas?

I also went to the syncmyride web site & tried to download the program that will tell you what software you have on sync & it would not download.

Here is what I get:

Step 3: Install Files in your Vehicle

Download Status: We weren’t able to download the following files:

* SYNC Traffic, Directions & Information—Update 3.0

*** Perhaps it only works in USA.

You should be able to download this no matter where you live. I had the same problem. My guess is your computer has Internet Explorer 8 which doesn't like the syncmyride website which needs to be updated. If indeed you have IE8, next to the "refresh" button in the toolbars is a "Compatability" button. It looks like a blue piece of paper with a horizontal zig-zag on it. Click it and this will allow you to perform your downloads successfully.

You should be able to download this no matter where you live. I had the same problem. My guess is your computer has Internet Explorer 8 which doesn't like the syncmyride website which needs to be updated. If indeed you have IE8, next to the "refresh" button in the toolbars is a "Compatability" button. It looks like a blue piece of paper with a horizontal zig-zag on it. Click it and this will allow you to perform your downloads successfully.

no, I tried it on firefox and safari. i use a mac, but tried on my friends PC and still no go