wnyvet

Window Seals

Good morning, everyone!

Washed/waxed my FFH last night, and have wondered for 2-months now, why there's no gasket/molding/weather stripping (whatever it's called) in the seam of the front windshield at the top, and also on the rear window at the top and both sides? Were they eliminated in order to save money? :hysterical: Seriously, don't know about you, but it looks kinda odd, almost incomplete, to me. Crap get in there easily, but it's no big deal to clean it out. Just wondering. Thanks!

I noticed that too! I figured it was to reduce drag. There is a good video at Jay's Garage that shows a lot of the little things that went into eeking out every little bit of better MPG (i.e. the wheels, the fog light housings, etc.)

If you haven't seen it, here's the link;

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/video_...tml?vid=1095834

One would think that any seam large enough to collect debris would also cause wind drag and I'm surprised that they didn't smooth things over nicely to prevent that. But hey, I'm not an aerodynamics engineer.

Thanks for posting that video. I hadn't seen that one although I do like Jay Leno's car videos.

Washed/waxed my FFH last night, and have wondered for 2-months now, why there's no gasket/molding/weather stripping (whatever it's called) in the seam of the front windshield at the top, and also on the rear window at the top and both sides?

Not just Ford.... GM as well. My Chevy Colorado's back glass is this way, and I think the full-sized GM truck which I traded in for my FFH was that way on the windshield. I think the more the years advance, the more the brands are the same.

Not just Ford.... GM as well. My Chevy Colorado's back glass is this way, and I think the full-sized GM truck which I traded in for my FFH was that way on the windshield. I think the more the years advance, the more the brands are the same.

Front and rear glasses are gluded in these days, haven't seen a rubber gasket in years. Makes it easier and faster to install at the factory.

I worry about this too. If you look around in a large parking lot

there are a wide variety of vehicles, including some Ford trucks,

with windows such as this, so nothing is missing.