Blizzard35

No Map Updates for Ford/Mercury/Lincoln Nav systems!

I called the # for map updates, spoke with someone at Ford of Canada customer service, was told that "at this time, there is no map update as Ford is in negotiations with NAVTEQ, the company that makes the DVD based system."

I can't hold Ford to this one, though.... I went through the same rant as you with my Garmin GPS receiver about four years ago. Update CDs were not available for my particular model, in spite of what NAVTEQ was stating. I would like to blame NAVTEQ for holding out to the final penny in negotiations. They are basically the only player in town, hardly any competition against them.

Now, if MAPQUEST has been updated, then your update might be getting close. Note the word, "MIGHT".

Oh, BTW, a new road, completed about three years ago, about two miles from my location, does not show up on any map program. It is a four-lane highway, not exactly a small trail-in-the-woods. Very irritating...

I wish I had some different news for you, but I'm having the problem also. Navteq site, says check with your Ford dealer, so I did.

I just checked the Navteq site & I'm not getting that message anymore, they're now offering map updates for 2007 - 2009 Fusions. I guess they worked out whatever issues they were having with Ford.