Sign in to follow this  
wstcoaster07

*off topic* Current auto loan rate? NE1 less than 5.5% 72months?

I am being offered 5.5% for 72months from my bank and wondering if anyone knew of another bank that was offering a lower rate (still for 72months though).

I got 4.5% in Arizona through Bank of America. The rate said it was good for terms up to 72 months.

Called up BoA yesterday and they gave me 5.12 over the phone but said once I talk to a final loan officer there may be more discounts. I understand it also relies on your credit report but I should be in the highest bracket

Hate to dig up old topics, but since rates have changed and I am finally actually seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, I wanted to see what kind of deal I was getting.

Obviously this only really applies to people who have gotten the loan in the past 3 weeks or so or have a current approval that is good for the next 30 days.

Bank Of America has offered me 4.56% for 72months +200 loan fee

Anyone getting a better deal that could be available?

on a side note the car is being purchased in TX but will be registered FL, not sure which state the loan applies to

I got a 3.7% APR (excellent credit) for a 36-month loan from Capitol One. Lowest rate I could find - even lower than the credit unions. It's easy. Complete the form online, get qualified, and they send you a "blank check" to be completed by any authorized dealer for the loan amount. The check, and your rate, is good for 45 days. Most dealers are authorized.

Check it out: http://www.capitalone.com/autoloans/

Thanks, seems their website says their lowest rate for 72months is 5.49 but figured I would put in an app and see if they would go lower.

update: after filling their online app out it gave me 5.2.. still trying for lower. My bank that I do all my business through is offering 5.5 w/no fee & BoA is offering 4.56 w/ $200.00 fee

*they did offer 3.7 for 36 months but I want to drag the payments out with the option of paying it off early. To me, if you have the discipline to pay a loan off early on your own, why not take lower payments for random months that you could use an extra couple bucks (assuming your loan has no pre-pay penalty fee)