Sign in to follow this  
OskiO

What is the FFH missing?

I have had my 2010 FFH for almost a week. Great car. But now I have come to realize a few things that I never noticed it was missing when I was picking it out at the dealer.

1. Built in garage door opener

2. Driver seat memory settings

3. Folding external door mirrors.

Anything else you have found the 2010 is missing that seem pretty stock on most cars now?

C

Anything else you have found the 2010 is missing that seem pretty stock on most cars now?

Just one locking interior compartment. Doesn't matter which one, just one. My gosh, we have three compartments.

HIDs. They take less power to run than halogens. LEDs like the Prius would be nice. Glove box light. There are lights EVERYWHERE, why not where you need one?

Jon

Just one locking interior compartment. Doesn't matter which one, just one. My gosh, we have three compartments.

1. roll down windows with the keyfob

2. auto roll down/ up of all the windows on the door controls

a usb port in the compartment on top of the dash

I agree with you there, the current location way down inside the center console does not make it easy to find the USB connection.

I have had my 2010 FFH for almost a week. Great car. But now I have come to realize a few things that I never noticed it was missing when I was picking it out at the dealer.

C

I totally agree about the mirrors, they need to fold in. I wouldn't mind to have heated mirrors also. Without heated mirrors, they become useless after an ice storm in the winter months.

I think the environmental controls could have been placed better (don't have the in dash GPS option). If you are in the driver seat, you can reach the temperature dial ok, but reaching the vent buttons and fan controls can be cumbersome.

Remote start on the FOB would have been a nice feature also.

I agree with you there, the current location way down inside the center console does not make it easy to find the USB connection.

I got a 12 inch USB extension that I leave plugged into the jack. I can let it hang out the top of the console or just tuck it in ready to pull out to use. Beats getting a flashlight to see the jack down at the bottom.

C

I agree with garage door opener (Homelink) and driver seat memory settings. Folding mirrors nice, but no big deal IMHO. Flip key would be a big plus, keyless go (just have it in your pocket when you push the start button) would be even better. Cut cost by removing the door mounted keypad...a relic from the past.

I'd like the ability to temporarily cancel the cruise control without hitting the brake. And while I'm at it, a digital readout of what your cruise control is set at would be great. Then, going way forward, how about adaptive cruise control?

LIVE tire pressure read out

Coming from the pickup world with big tires, I worry about about proper tire inflation with the low profile tires on these cars. My pickup had tire pressure readings that could be revealed on the instrument cluster. There would be a map of the vehicle with the tire pressure number next to each tire on the map. It was a live, online reading. As you go down the road from a cold start-up, you could watch the tire pressures increase as the tires heated up.

As advanced as the Ford Fusion is, I would almost think this sort of option would be standard issue.

....it disables the fob until the keypad is unlocked. This is great when you don't want to keep keys or the fob on you (going swimming, playing sports, etc.).

Am wondering... will even the door mounted keypad disable the FOB like the quote above?

body side molding and a real gas cap, even my Civic came with both from the factory :rant:

The omission of a gas cap was big news for Ford. They won awards and patents for the capless fuel system.

I really like it....

I need to see if the general area keeps road dust and fine-powder sand out, though. I haven't looked for that. With an old-fashioned cap, that was sealed out.

The omission of a gas cap was big news for Ford. They won awards and patents for the capless fuel system.

"A locking fuel filler plug is being developed as an accessory. This device fits

into the fuel filler neck opening and locks with a turn of the key to provide added security from fuel

theft. Availability of the plug will be announced at a later date."

so I'm not the only one ?

"A locking fuel filler plug is being developed as an accessory. This device fits

into the fuel filler neck opening and locks with a turn of the key to provide added security from fuel

theft. Availability of the plug will be announced at a later date."

so I'm not the only one ?

you're not alone, I have one on order. The FFH is missing rain sensing wipers like my VW EOS had.

\But now I have come to realize a few things that I never noticed it was missing when I was picking it out at the dealer.

I need to confirm this... I had the emergency brake on (d'uh!), and the warning light came on. OK... but no warning sound or chime occurred. As I put the car in reverse, I looked over my shoulder, not paying attention to the emergency brake's handle position. My eyes were not on the instrument cluster.

Really does need to beep or chime.