vanhalenfanrob

wax on, wax off

i love the metallic paint on my fusion especially the sport blue i was wondering what wax/polish people use that would really bring the sparkle out

also does anyone know what they use at the dealership, when i picked up my new car and walked outside i was blinded by it and loved it so much

thx

I like Meguiars Gold Class but I am trying NXT2 and so far so good , a coat of Ultimate Detailer is great too!

i love the metallic paint on my fusion especially the sport blue i was wondering what wax/polish people use that would really bring the sparkle out

also does anyone know what they use at the dealership, when i picked up my new car and walked outside i was blinded by it and loved it so much

thx

Hi vanhalenfan. :D I use Meguiar's Gold Class Liquid.

Essentially, if twelve people answer your question, you will get twelve different opinions (well, except for me and Darksider :hysterical: ). In the end, you can not go wrong if you use any of the major name brands. Those would include Meguiar's, Mother's, Zaino etc etc.

In addition, using the proper technique for washing, polishing and waxing your car is as important as the products you use. So I would recommend reading the "How-to", "FAQ" and "Detailing Tips' sections of the following websites:

LINK: Meguiar's

LINK: Mother's

LINK: Autopia

As far as what the Dealer uses: You would need to ask the Dealership, as the products used would vary from Dealer to Dealer. Many Dealers simply contract the new car prep work out to outside Detailers. Whatever they use will be no better than what you can purchase on your own from the above companies (and likely not even as good).

And just to give another point of view concerning how shiny your new car was when you picked it up: It was a brand new car fresh from the factory. Just a good wash and dry and it would be blindingly shiny. At best, they ran it through an automatic car wash (their own or a local one) and then gave it a quickie wax job and some tire shine. Making a brand new car look good is simple. It is the art of keeping it shiny for years to come that takes work, skill and excellent products.

Again, if you go with any of the products available from Meguiar's, Mother's or Zaino, you will not go wrong. Of course there are many other car care companies that make excellent products, but those three give you a place to start.

Hope this information helps.

Good luck. :beerchug:

thx yeah that helps alot :headspin:

i will most likely get the maguiars both of you use and i will read the how to for sure

I use Turtle Wax Color Magic (they are color matched). Its easy to remove, and no dust :hyper:. My car is Tuxedo Black with a LOT of metallic.

hey bbf2530,

ever heard of or used this stuff

5 star shine

what do you think of it?

Bogus, Bogus, Bogus. Stick with the name brands. There is no magic here - just regular applications of good products.

hey bbf2530,

ever heard of or used this stuff

5 star shine

what do you think of it?

Hi vanhalenfanrob. :D Akirby answered the question perfectly.

No such thing as never having to wax your car again (if you want the paint finish to look good and last).

I do not have a pref since I never really used to care that much as the car looked fine. However, I waxed before the winter and was a new believer in how much it improves the look. Now that I am getting a brand new car for once (first car was bought used) I am going to baby this puppy haha. I just bought my first clay kit today (Meguiars smooth surface kit) + Meguiars NXT wax and plan to detail my car tomorrow night (tonight is drinking time, and during the day it is WAY to hot in S Texas. Figured I should practice on my jeep before making some big mistake when the new car arrives.

how often does everyone wax their car?

how often does everyone wax their car?

My planned interval is 2-3 times per year. My actual interval (after getting busy with other stuff or being lazy) is about once per year. I should do it more, but procrastinate.

Like you, I read the earlier posts on this thread and got some of the Meguiar's wax to use since I had never tried it.

I have been using Turtle Wax Premium on my focus and it shines really nice for a couple of weeks. I am thinking of switching to a paint sealent on my fusion since i heard it protects the paint better. Thats not to say i won't wax it though. I used mcquire's before and didnt really notice a difference between that and the turtle wax

Zaino Z-CS Clear Seal is finally here after years in development. From conception to realization, the principal and design emphasis of Zaino Z-CS Clear Seal was quite fundamental - an advanced total synthetic polymer protectant that is simply wiped on, and that's it! Yes, achieve Zaino award winning gloss and protective durability in ONE simple wipe on step. Wipe on, and walk away, you're done. No buffing. No final wipe down. Simplicity at it's best. Just apply & let dry.

Zaino is pioneering the industry with Z-CS, a self curing transparent sealer that doesn't require any buffing or final wiping. Z-CS dries clean and without residue. Use Z-CS on paint, glass, wheels, plastic, or trim for the protection, durability, slickness, and gloss that Zaino is most popular for. All surfaces are protected against potentially damaging exposure to sun or ultra-violet light with our best UV inhibitors.

For up to 9 months protection, use Z-CS to top coat Zaino Show Car Polish protectants, or use Z-CS by itself. You can even use Z-CS as a top coat to add high-gloss and improved durability to ANY other manufacturer's product. Z-CS extends the gloss and durability of any previously applied products. Z-CS should never be applied over uncured waxes.

You'll have to forgive our enthusiasm for the release of Z-CS. We are VERY proud to have accomplished the height of product simplicity with a no compromise approach to cutting edge development and industry leading gloss and durability. There simply is not another product like Z-CS in the industry.

Less than 1/4 ounce of Z-CS will complete an average sized vehicle.

VOC free.

The Z-CS bottle contains 6 fl. ozs. (177 ml.)

Turtle Wax "Ice" is great stuff. Get the paste version, it seems to last 6 months or longer. Added bonus is that it will not screw up any black trim. Matter of fact, it makes the black parts look better. Like Armorall, but without the sticky residue.

I loved Ice and the improved version is better then the one from two years ago. I really love that CZ stuff from Zaino, it is so simple to use ane really leaves the car looking great. The kid across the street just picked up a black car and we did a small spot on his car and it still looks wet. Really good stuff but it doesn't come inexpensive............................Since I live in NJ the only way to get it is go down to Toms River to a speed shop where they stock it.

Just bought a 2010 Fusion SE 7/24 in Tuxedo Black Metallic. Does anyone have a favorite wax that might work well for this particular color?

Thanks!

Spray Detailer is the shit!! I've been using Mothers for a long time and it makes the car look like it was just waxed every time.

Spray Detailer is the shit!! I've been using Mothers for a long time and it makes the car look like it was just waxed every time.

My 09 SE's color is redfire, paint code is G2. The painter at my work says it has a lot of pearl in the paint. Any ideas of waxes for this color? I put some meguiars cleaner wax on and it looks like glass. The previous owner was an elderly couple so I figured they never waxed it at all so better to be safe than sorry. I have used nu finish before on my jeep. I really wanna make my 09's finish shine for years to come. Also the birds frequently crap on my car. I spray some bug wash everytime I see bird crap on my car, cause I dont want the paint ruined. Any ideas how often I should wipe off the bird crap, try to avoid it and does any wax protect the paint? Every time I see bird poop on my car i just wanna shoot the birds. Any help ?

My 09 SE's color is redfire, paint code is G2. The painter at my work says it has a lot of pearl in the paint. Any ideas of waxes for this color? I put some meguiars cleaner wax on and it looks like glass. The previous owner was an elderly couple so I figured they never waxed it at all so better to be safe than sorry. I have used nu finish before on my jeep. I really wanna make my 09's finish shine for years to come. Also the birds frequently crap on my car. I spray some bug wash everytime I see bird crap on my car, cause I dont want the paint ruined. Any ideas how often I should wipe off the bird crap, try to avoid it and does any wax protect the paint? Every time I see bird poop on my car i just wanna shoot the birds. Any help ?

Hi metallic. :D I am partial to Meguiar's products and use Meguiar's Gold Class Wax. But there are those who like Meguiar's NXT, Mother's brand products, Zaino brand products etc.. Personal preferences aside, if you stick with those major names in car care products, you really can't go wrong.

Concerning how often to wipe bird poop off the car to avoid paint damage? To minimize damage, you need to wipe the bird poop off as soon as you see it, or as soon as possible. The longer it sits on the paint finish, the more likely there will be damage and the worse the damage (acid etching) will be.

A good recommendation: Since you have such a big problem with bird droppings, keep a spray bottle of "Meguiar's Quick Detailer" (or another major brand "quick detailing spray") and a towel in the trunk. Then use it as necessary, when needed, to clean the contamination off. Your car will love you for it. :shift:

Any good wax protects the paint. However, it's protection properties are limited. That is why you must wipe off contaminants as soon as possible and wash the car/reapply waxes when needed. Especially acidic contaminates will eat through the wax protection rather quickly. So the quicker you get them off the paint finish, the better.

Check out these websites (the "How-to' and "FAQ" sections) for great tips on car care and paint detailing:

Edited by bbf2530

Just to throw in my two cents. There are as many opinions about which wax to use as there are pebbles on the beach. Having said that here's mine. I like Meguiar's Gold Class. It gives a deep rich shine that lasts. I clay the surface in the spring and apply two thin coats. Late July apply a coat and mid to late October apply two coats to last through the winter. I have access to a indoor wash rack so I hand wash and dry once a week. The water still beads on the hood and roof. Unfortunately, my Mom is going to have to move out of her apartment and into a home, so this might be the last winter I can wash indoors. Paste wax takes a little more effort but I think it's well worth it.

I used to use the Gold Class, but switched to the NXT 2.0 for ease of removal, and ultra-slippery finish. All we're really "shining" is the clear coat. Either way, it's the Meguiars across the board for me.

What would you guys suggest for a brand new car?

Do you put any type of protective wax/sealant on it right away? Or wait say for several months before applying anything?

Thanks

Do you put any type of protective wax/sealant on it right away? Or wait say for several months before applying anything?

Thanks

Hi con_fusion. :D Yes, you should wax your car as soon as possible to give it the best protection. No particular reason to wait. New Car paint paint does not need to "set"/"cure"/ "harden" like the paint after body/collision work. It is baked/hardened before it ever leaves the factory.

See the previous responses for recommendations concerning brands of waxes/sealants. Also, visit the Meguiar's, Mother's and Autopia websites (also mentioned and linked to in previous posts) for excellent advice on car care and detailing.

Edited by bbf2530

Hi metallic. :D I am partial to Meguiar's products and use Meguiar's Gold Class Wax. But there are those who like Meguiar's NXT, Mother's brand products, Zaino brand products etc.. Personal preferences aside, if you stick with those major names in car care products, you really can't go wrong.

Concerning how often to wipe bird poop off the car to avoid paint damage? To minimize damage, you need to wipe the bird poop off as soon as you see it, or as soon as possible. The longer it sits on the paint finish, the more likely there will be damage and the worse the damage (acid etching) will be.

A good recommendation: Since you have such a big problem with bird droppings, keep a spray bottle of "Meguiar's Quick Detailer" (or another major brand "quick detailing spray") and a towel in the trunk. Then use it as necessary, when needed, to clean the contamination off. Your car will love you for it. :shift:

Any good wax protects the paint. However, it's protection properties are limited. That is why you must wipe off contaminants as soon as possible and wash the car/reapply waxes when needed. Especially acidic contaminates will eat through the wax protection rather quickly. So the quicker you get them off the paint finish, the better.

Check out these websites (the "How-to' and "FAQ" sections) for great tips on car care and paint detailing:

It does help very much, thank you for your response

Thanks

Hand wash it really good using dishwashing liquid to strip off any car wash wax or dealership wax and clay it. After that, wax it very generously.