Sign in to follow this  
rickkel

Features in the Owner's Guide missing on the 2010 FFH

Reply to akirby:

In regards to the Lincoln MKS... I drove one on a lease for about 6 months. I have since traded it in for my FFH. I know, I know, I'm some kind of traitor (trader?) at the MKS Forum, but if you drove and MKS, you'd see immediately why I did what I did. The MKS drove like my grandfather's 1955 Ford truck; come to think of it, the truck had a better ride than the MKS. It is my opinion that the MKS is the harshest, noisiest "luxury" car that Lincoln has ever made. I've owned a 1959 Lincoln Continental, a 2001 Lincoln LS, and a 2006 Lincoln Zephyr. Believe me, any one of them beat the MKS hands down in ride comfort and ride quality. You'd think the MKS would have better comfort and ride qualities than the FFH, but, no, my friends, it does NOT. I was very enthused, at first, with the MKS, but after having it in the shop no less than SEVEN times before the first scheduled maintenance service... well, that did it for me, I'm afraid. At one point, the rental that Ford provided me with (during one of the many service visits) had a better ride than the MKS (it was a Buick, for God's sake!). The rental was a good $30K less than the Lincoln, but was quieter and smoother. Now, don't get me wrong, I love the old Town Cars, but I didn't want one of them because of the older technology involved. But, folks, the MKS has left me somewhat bitter about paying $50K+ for a car that really didn't deliver the kind of quality and ride that I expected a Lincoln product to have. So, 'nuff said... And, I love my FFH... it delivers the kind of quality and ride comfort that I had expected the MKS to have. And for about $20K LESS!

What are the details for the Homelink installation? Any idea what the part numbers were, and how much did it cost?

I don't know the part number, sorry. When I ordered the FFH back in June, I asked about Homelink, since the last couple of cars I have owned had it. The dealer said they could add it for $300, so I had them add it on. It looks identical to the Homelink that was in the Lincoln MKS that was sitting in on the showroom floor.

Add to the list of missing important safety features on the FFH: Daylight Running Lights (DRL).

The owner's manual describes how they work (if installed), but there is no such feature on my 2010 FFH.

I have searched ford.com, talked with the salesman, and had the service advisor check with Ford tec department to find out how to activate them, but the best that Ford techs can do is to suggest that I gring the card to the dealer and have the dealer technician call Ford tech to walk them through some experimentation with the "junction box". No promise that they can figure it out, but they'll be glad to chew up service hours trying.

I have masked off the dashboard sensor to fool the automatic lights into thinking it's nighttime, and that gets the headlights to light, but it also gets the dash lights to dim so that I can't see the speedometer in the daylight, and the nav system goes black thinking that it's nighttime.

I've written to Ford Management asking for a fix, but I don't expect much except a "Sorry, Charlie" letter.

Seems strange that this 502A-equiped high-end Fusion does not have this important safety feature, especially since they are required to put it on all Fusions sold into Canada, and I understand that all "fleet" Fusions come equiped with DRL.

For years, I have driven with headlights on during the daytime to assist other drivers in seeing my car. All of the GM cars that I have owned for the past ten years have included this important safety feature.

My Fusion tells me whenever a car is beside me, behind me, coming from the side, or overhead. Why can't it show other drivers where I am by supplying DRL?

<...>

My Fusion tells me whenever a car is beside me, behind me, coming from the side, or overhead. Why can't it show other drivers where I am by supplying DRL?

It's operating in "stealth mode," cool! :hysterical2:

I've never had DRL (the feature) on a vehicle, but I turn them on when I get in, out of habit---seat belts, mirrors, lights, etc. I've read a lot about the safety and reduction of collisions in using them and made it a habit years ago. You would think that it should be an owner option to turn on or off somewhere.

DRL never really caught on in the US. Lots of 'mericans like to drive around with parking lights on for some reason. I guess it's the same folks that drive with fog lights on when it's not foggy; the same folks that refuse to use cruise control and we end up passing each other 10-20 times.....

A locking gas cap is available, I have one on order.

I agree a light would be nice in the glove box as well as lock. As anyone noticed that the owner's manual doesn't mention anywhere about the Driver's Side Knee Air Bag? I asked my dealer about it and he had no idea what the black plastic piece that said "Air Bag" on it was under the dash on the driver's side. I did some research online and found that in fact on the Hybrid's only there is a knee airbag on the driver's side. While it's a nice addition it would be nice if they told you somewhere in the owner's manual. I also find that it gets in my way since I have large feet.

I agree a light would be nice in the glove box as well as lock. As anyone noticed that the owner's manual doesn't mention anywhere about the Driver's Side Knee Air Bag? I asked my dealer about it and he had no idea what the black plastic piece that said "Air Bag" on it was under the dash on the driver's side. I did some research online and found that in fact on the Hybrid's only there is a knee airbag on the driver's side. While it's a nice addition it would be nice if they told you somewhere in the owner's manual. I also find that it gets in my way since I have large feet.

I think this must have been added at the last minute, it actually is poorly added, its so low I end up kicking it while moving my foot between pedals sometimes.

On page 249 of owner's manual, special fuel funnel, stored with spare tire, used in emergency to add fuel from portable fuel container. Say ahhh....

I bought my new FFH on 8/6/09 also Atlantis Green, but with the Black Interior. I had the dealer add the Homelink. It took them a few hours to install into the driver side visor.

Stevetrooper--could you give me the Ford dealers name and number that installed your homelink visor along with the tech or service advisors name so I can call them and find out the details. My dealer doesn't know how to do it.

Thanks

Stevetrooper--could you give me the Ford dealers name and number that installed your homelink visor along with the tech or service advisors name so I can call them and find out the details. My dealer doesn't know how to do it.

Thanks

I'd be interested in knowing too.

If anyone else is interested in activating the DRL's........I was in for an issue related to the IC and asked the dealer to activate them and they had no issue. Their Service Manager thought it would need a relay so they went in through a function he called "As vehicle is built". Not sure if there is any bearing but just in case........

Anyhow, As I thought, it didn't need the relay. Hopefully our insurance company will honor the service invoice as proof that we actually have them activated and apply the discount to our policy.

On page 249 of owner's manual, special fuel funnel, stored with spare tire, used in emergency to add fuel from portable fuel container. Say ahhh....

I was shocked too. Actually first thing salesman showed me. He knew I was a tech guy, so left me to figure out all the bells and whistles... never woulda knows about spout hidden under carpet.

Thanks

Matt Stowell

Vehicle Prep. and Accessories Manager

Olathe Ford Lincoln Mercury

OFFICE: 913-312-5302

FAX: 913-782-9057

mattstowell@olatheford.com

It's been a while since this topic was discussed but after drivving a 2010 Fusio SEL the other day as a loaner I have a couple to add. I can't say these were in the manual as I didn't find them but it'd be nice to have them no matter what.

1) The Fusion SEL had a cruise control on light. This was in the fuel gauge part of the cluster and was yellow. When I engaged the cruise a seperate green light came on.

Leather option only.....no soy based foam. Man those seats were commfy. I couldn't believe the differenc until I got back into the FFH. The FF SEL seamed much softer and thicker in all areas of the cushion. The FFH was hard and actually made the leather feel stiff. I fugure you're getting leather so there's no need to be Eco friendly with the soy based crap. After all you chose to have your seats covered in an animals skin why bother.hysterical.gif