Brian Adams

Changing my opinion on Energi models

I had a 2010, initial series FFH and loved it. Cheapest car to own I have ever had. Traded it in on a 2019 FFH Titanium and love it more, because there were so many upgrades from the 2010. When I was shopping I too looked at the the plug in and the hybrid. As Larry pointed out, the trunk in the FFH is useable. The cubby hole in the plugin holds almost nothing. So you'll be forced to use the back seat for large items. 

For the best mileage in the Energi you'll need to plug it in daily. With the FFH you just gas up and go. My onboard computer indicates I've gotten 46.3 mpg average on the current odometer reading of 33k. On trips if I take it easy and not race around I can get over 50 mpg. More than satisfied with the mileage. And no plug in to do. I suppose if you have the Energi and religiously plug it in and only do short trips you can go without gas. And mileage will be way better. So there is a trade off. 

Again, my 2019 FFH is the lowest maintenance cost vehicle I've owned since the 2010 FFH. After 3 1/2 years it's only been yearly "The Works" at Ford dealer. Oil and filter change, tire rotation for $50. 

Dan