Sign in to follow this  
Tfossa

2017-2020 FFH purchase

Traded in my 2010 in Dec 2018, which I had purchased in April of 2009, for a 2019 FFH Titanium. Decided to go that route when the battery issue was initially rearing it's head and my mileage was dropping. At that time the current fix was not known and the only option other than living with it was a new recon battery at the cost of about $4k. Given the age of the vehicle (9.5 years) and having no other issues it seemed to me that other items might be starting to wear down. So I bit the bullet and traded it in.

I had already decided that I wanted a new FFH since my 2010 was the least expensive car I had ever owned. It ran great with absolutely no issues. So I went looking at the 2019s. Couldn't decide at first, between the hybrid or the plug-in. But looking at the trunk space of the plug-in, that decision was easy. There really wasn't any trunk space. 

So what were and are my thoughts on owning this FFH Titanium for about 2 years? Very impressed and happy with my purchase. The technology going from the 2010 to the 2019 is awesome and takes a bit of understanding/getting use to. I can access the vehicle from anywhere in the world via the internet. Remote start? No problem. Check if you forgot to lock the car? No problem. Car rides and handles great. I think it's one of the better looking vehicles out on the road. Mileage continues to be impressive. My current mpg is a bit over 44. Takes a hit in the winter but once the warm weather comes back I can increase that back to close to 50. That mileage is for all my driving to date. According to the onboard computer. Maintenance is once a year oil change & tire rotation via The Works from the Ford dealer ($49.99). Cabin air filterer every two years that you can do and engine air filterer every 36k miles. And eventually tires. Price wise I think I got a pretty good deal. They lowballed my trade-in but my price out the door with taxes, trade-in and all costs was a bit under $29k. I did purchase the Ford extended warranty from an internet dealer who had the best price. Way too many electronics that if failed would be expensive to fix. 

Dan