Bigern

Cold air intake

4 hours ago, ptjones said:

That sounds like you have personal problem, maybe you need to change your cabin air filter.? ...

Paul

Well, I change my cabin filter once a year. You can certainly  improve the cars interior air quality . Very easy to do... can't see why you say its a pain to change..

Even if you say you don't use heat in the winter and then you say you use defrost, air deflects off the windshield straight towards you.

Do whatever...

For anyone else, look at the pictures I posted and do yourself and your passengers a favor, replace the filter if its overdue...

Edited by billford

Here is a video on how to replace a Fusion Cabin Air Filter, I would say very few owners would attempt this many step process themselves. Here is a video: 

I'm a fusion owner and have done it. 

The fusion guy in your video didn't have any problems.

The CMAX cabin air filter is underneath the center console, a pain to change.   I use Heater Defrost for no more than than a minute/ A/C very sparingly so not to pollute the air we breath and to get maximum mpg's. You will lose 2-3 mpg at least using defrost/ A/C.  I use seat heater for a few minutes when starting the car in winter and use block heater all year around so ICE warms up quicker to improve mpg's.

You first wrote you didn't use heat, you use you coat.  Now you use heat. Your writing in circles, don't know what to believe. 

As I wrote before, your mpgs are more important than your interior air quality. 

You didn't say how many miles you had on your CAF, I have never seen a ICE AF that dirty in fifty years of driving many types of vehicles.

Paul

That filter was from a 2018 F150 with 20K. The procedure to replace it is almost the same as a fusion. 

You haven't seen any dirty ice air filters because you wrote you use a kn filter, "install and forget about it" 

I guess the dirt just magically disappears. 

12 hours ago, ptjones said:

I'm a fusion owner and have done it. You already said you change your filter every year. I have had my CMAX for almost 8 yrs. and my FORD Service Writer has never asked to change my CAF, I changed mine 4 years ago and found out why they don't ask.

The fusion guy in your video didn't have any problems. Really?  This was a Paid Commercial AD for Filter Heads.com

The procedure to replace it involves the same steps, regardless  of it being  a paid commercial. Its easy. 

If your dealer has not recommended replacing it, they are not following the service intervals in the owners manual. You need to find another dealer. 

You first wrote you didn't use heat, you use your coat.  Now you use heat. Your writing in circles, don't know what to believe.  You are so confused, You should know you use heat to defrost your windshield, I thought you knew that, It wouldn't work using cold air.?

As I wrote before, your mpgs are more important than your interior air quality.  And as I wrote before I don't use the Heating/A/C system for interior air quality, I'm trying to improve the air quality for everyone outside of my car, I'm not selfish about helping others out.

Your right, I am confused. Your the one who previously wrote " don't need to use heat during the winter". 

Thanks for helping the air quality of everyone outside the car, you can take it a step further and get rid of/scrap one of the several vehicles you have,  thats if your really serious about outside air quality 

That filter was from a 2018 F150 with 20K. The procedure to replace it is almost the same as a fusion. 

You haven't seen any dirty ice air filters because you wrote you use a kn filter, "install and forget about it"  YOU should read all of my Post before you comment. " I have never seen a ICE AF that dirty in fifty years of driving many types of vehicles." I have had 40 FORD's over last 50 years and I have always changed the ICE air filters  myself. I only used K&N filters on my CMAX and my wife's 2013 Explorer with good results. Before that I was using FORD, STP and Fram filters.

I guess the dirt just magically disappears. You must live in a very dirt place, at 40k mi. my FORD AF wasn't dirty keeping in mind those were only 20k ICE miles you shouldn't need to replace it other than if you live in a dirty/dusty place like billford's.

Just because you haven't seen a dirty ice air filter, doesn't mean it can't happen, do a google search,  there are lots of pictures of dirty filters. 

The procedure to replace it involves the same steps, regardless  of it being  a paid commercial. Its easy.  Very few car owners these days work on their cars anymore, most don't even know they have a cabin filter. People that work on their cars is becoming a rare occurrence.

If your dealer has not recommended replacing it, they are not following the service intervals in the owners manual. You need to find another dealer.  The average cost for a Ford Fusion cabin air filter replacement is between $53 and $69. Labor costs are estimated between $32 and $41 while parts are priced between $21 and $28. ON Google from Repairpal.com  That's alot of money for a filter change.

I know a lot of do it yourselfers that work on their vehicles.  Its not a rare occurrence here. We share knowledge and tools.  Websites, such as you posted on replacing the filter,  makes it even easier.

You still need to find another dealer. They are supposed to be telling you what is required by time and mileage according to your owners manual. Its up to you if you do it or not. What else are they not telling you?

Your right, I am confused. Your the one who previously wrote " don't need to use heat during the winter".  Using the Defrost for a minute doesn't qualify as using the Heater I said. And you are right about being confused some how you don't get it when I said I don't use heater/A/C hardly ever.  You only need to replace the CAF if you use it.

Thanks for helping the air quality of everyone outside the car, you can take it a step further and get rid of/scrap one of the several vehicles you have,  thats if your really serious about outside air quality.  And this is coming from someone who has a F150 and FFH pretty much the same as my F150 and CMAX other than I working at getting better MPG's and I use them for my business. What's your excuse for not getting better mpg's?  Unlike you I don't have several vehicles and last I checked the number of vehicles you have doesn't matter on air pollution, you can only drive one at a time.? 

I didn't say I own a F150. I only have 1 vehicle,  a Fusion.  The pictures I posted were from a neighbors trucks cabin filter that I was doing maintenance on. He's partly disabled  and cant do it himself, so I help out. Also, like your dealer, they didn't advise him to replace it on his last service visit, even though it was at the replacement mileage. I told him not to go back there. 

You hardly us a/c?? I did a quick google search and found what you previously wrote on this forum, "Temps were in the high 70's to low 80's and was using A/C about 70% of the time, still averaged about 54" So, you obviously use a/c and have flow through your cabin filter. 

Yes, you can only drive 1 vehicle at a time. The number of vehicles you have does affect air pollution. Think of all the resources it takes to build a vehicle, to maintain and dispose of. 

Just because you haven't seen a dirty ice air filter, doesn't mean it can't happen, do a google search,  there are lots of pictures of dirty filters.   I didn't say it couldn't happen, I would never let my filter get that dirty. You still didn't say how you managed to get yours so dirty. Looks like it's got oil on it. You obviously aren't changing your filters often enough, in the manual it says you need to replace your filter more often for severe conditions. 

How would you know the condition of your cabin filter? You don't know what your cabin filter looks like because its too expensive for you,  and your air filter, you quoted " the K&N air filter just install and forget about it" So you haven't done any of the required maintenance on it, maybe the cleaning kits are too expensive for you also?

And my neighbors truck, its all freshly serviced. Thanks.

5 hours ago, ptjones said:

"billford said" You hardly us a/c?? I did a quick google search and found what you previously wrote on this forum, "Temps were in the high 70's to low 80's and was using A/C about 70% of the time, still averaged about 54" So, you obviously use a/c and have flow through your cabin filter. 

You show me a post where I used A/C at 70-80*F, at that temp there is no reason to use A/C. I didn't find one.

Paul

If anyone is confused, its you...

You wrote that you were using a/c 70% of the time and your gas mileage even increased.

Buddy, its time to call it quits and hang up your keys, stop embarrassing yourself...

Heres the exact copy of the post of what your wrote and couldn't, or didn't want to find.

Proves your going around in circles again.

'nuff said about the subject, bye.

Annotation 2020-08-17 134439.png

Edited by billford