Cobra348

110 miles in a '20 FFH

Todays report ... and I think it'll be the last one unless I find something really whacky or different. Thanks for reading all this stuff!

Compct spare mounting

If you purchased compact spare parts as noted here or via a salvage yard, you need to know this section. The inverted U bracket that the box assembly locates on is larger than the '17 (and perhaps other years). So, if you've installed a compact spare and get a '20, plan on perhaps enlarging the hole in the box assembly about 1/8" all around. You'll need a hot knife or grinding wheel due to the hardness of the plastic part. Depending on how much time you want to spend, a serrated blade will also work but will most likely be slow going.

EDIT IN: Also there's a screw that will interfere. See my "If I remove this ..." thread.

Question on which compact spare you put in the '20. My '19 has 18" tires and most of the Ebay sites with compact spares list 16" tires with a few listing 17". Any appreciable difference other than space in the trunk that I should be concerned about?

Dan