Sign in to follow this  
acdii

#@&$% Navigation

Has anyone else encountered this with their nav? When trying to put in an address, the state selection screen just sits there. I spent 5 freaking minutes last night trying to change from IL to WI so I can find highway 67. After many many punches to the screen back and forth it finally brought up the states. Other than the convenience of having it in the dash, its a POS. Last time I will ever have one!

Frustrated is an understatement. I wanted to fill my tank at a gas station near my house, but in WI, and I know exactly what road it was on, but not how to get there from where I was at the time. Top it all off, there were major storms and tornado warnings all over the place.

Tried the zip code too that night, wouldn't allow me to enter it. All the numbers were dark.

Also I just got back from Ohio, and on the trip home I confused the navigation so much that it quit working. The onramp/offramp to get to I80 from 80-94 in Indiana heading west is closed, so the detour is down I-65. When taking that ramp, it twirls around so much that the nav literally went in circles and quit. It stopped routing altogether so I lost my destination, and trip time. I swear my old Timex Sinclair had better computing power.

Between this and the braking acting up, makes me wish I had gone with the Avalon instead. I know Ford wont do anything to improve the navigation, they refuse to add Applink to MFT, but I sure hope they can resolve the braking problem the car has been experiencing since December. At first I thought it was just the cold, but it's still does it, so it goes in on the 15th. If they can't I don't know what to do with it, sure don't want to have a crash because the car wouldn't stop like it should.

my wife has an issue with her C-mAX MyFord Touch where you can't even change the state, its just greyed out. And its sporadic. Taken it to the dealership multiple times. They cant find an issue. Now they say its related to her cell phone. Reidicilous answer as I have the same phone and it doesnt happen in my car.

voice commands didnt work, would not take the state. As far as doing something with the navigation, it was meant for our current cars. Not buying another Ford any time soon.