Texasota

Number of miles on your eCVT

Hello All,

New Fusion owner here. I bought a 2015 SE Hybrid in June with 152070 miles on it, and use it for a combination of commuting and Rideshare driving. At this time, I'm up to 159,380 miles, I've averaging about 1,000 per week, so I expect to put this vehicle thru a work out.

Car sounded like it had half as many miles when I bought it, and so far is running great. About the change the Trans fluid and my first Oil change, converting to Ams/Oil synthetics all around.

I don't think you should change to synthetic with high mileage cars that had been on regular oil. That used to be the recommendation. It may have been on semi-synthetic and that may be okay. Google changing type of oil..

If you're over 100k you're probably out of luck. This is a known defect in 2013-14 and even beyond. Way too many failures due to a defective bearing. Ford is just waiting out the warranty expiration. 2004-11 Escape hybrids and 2010-12 Ford, Lincoln, Mercury hybrid sedans had a transmission built by Aisin, the "Borg-Warner" of Japan. It was bullet proof. 2013+ hybrids are a completely different car and Ford brought the transmission manufacture in house and said it was "new and improved" over the Aisin. It looks almost identical. They screwed it up probably by saving $ 0.89 per bearing. Ford doesn't care what you think because they're stopping selling most cars in the US. NHTSA won't issue a recall because the cars don't usually die on the road but file a report anyway here: https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchSafetyIssues

Ford finally is stepping up for owners on the dual clutch transmissions. Maybe they will for the hybrid. Don't hold your breath. Tesla and the EV wave will probably put them out of business.