47Minutes

Sync summer update Gen2 v3.6 coming

Update went off without a hitch. I took y'alls advice and unpaired all my BT devices before starting the install. I really like the new voice command screen, music source/artist/song info on the Home Screen, and the speedier response times.

Now, when do we get our navigation map update!?!? :baby:

This is humorous, my Sync account says that my V3.5.1 is the latest software.

I must be in 'time out' for some reason, or, I can't follow directions on their website.

You have to CONFIRM UPDATE with FORD. Go to your SYNC history and on the left will be the confirmation button. You will need your USB drive you installed from plugged into your computer. Unfortunately, the Confirmed update date didn't change for me. It still shows latest confirmed update of May 4, 2013. Duh!

You have to CONFIRM UPDATE with FORD. Go to your SYNC history and on the left will be the confirmation button. You will need your USB drive you installed from plugged into your computer. Unfortunately, the Confirmed update date didn't change for me. It still shows latest confirmed update of May 4, 2013. Duh!

My car is good but wife's is in limbo, has the update but can't report it back to the web site... I used the same downloaded files from my car to update hers, and before I did that I checked the contents of the USB drive to see if there were any files that were new or changed date/time - nope.

So now when going into syncmyride on her car's account it says there is an update available, but look at sync history and it says 3.6.2 on Aug 4th and Aug 5th (which was strange since I ran it on Aug 4th)... I took USB to run it again but launching update again in her car just says "this update has already been applied, please remove USB drive".. yet signing into the account says it is still needed. Which makes me wonder why the sync status checker is not there anymore, I remember it being there in past versions but don't see if on the syncmyride site anymore on any screen.

Easy as pie for me! Took about 25 minutes, and saved all of my favorites in the nav as well as the presets on the Sirius. Only thing I had to redo was the Bluetooth connection to the iPhone. The system is definitely snappier, and is more accurate in understanding my voice commands. Thumbs up here.

Since mine is going in on Wednesday, I will just have them do it while its in.

I think we got our cars about the same time. Mine came with the latest and greatest.... A4.

Yup. Got A4. I want... no I NEED... A5 ! :rockon:

The Sync writes a file to the USB that's uploaded to the sync website. Your other vehicle probably did not write the file because it was already on the USB drive. The website should have a way to verify the update without the USB drive. I seem to remember seeing that option when I did the USB verification of the update.

I looked at the USB between cars and there were no new files, maybe it's a hidden file... and that's another thing that seems odd about the web site, that if you get the download and then sign out of syncmyride, when you sign back in it makes you download the update file again. There was an email that I received with link to directly upload, but that link took me back to site without being signed in, and the upload was not successful (though maybe again attributed to the proper file(s) not written to USB). Oh well, it's just the status on the web site that doesn't match, each car is updated and working fine.

update1.jpg

I have looked all over that site for the past 20 minutes and can not find any link that looks like the above - anytime I follow a link to the updates page, the only thing that shows is "you have an update available" with link to 'download update' and then at the next screen there are 4 steps (Prep for Download, Get the Update, Install Updates to Sync, Confirm Update) and only step 1 is available through the 'Start Download Process' button.

Anybody having issues just downloading the V3.6.2 update to their USB drive? Have the latest version of Java,

but stuck for a long while at 5%. Will let it go all down, but something ain't right here...

Don't tell me I have to try this on my Mac to get the Microsoft S/W update for Sync?

Anybody having issues just downloading the V3.6.2 update to their USB drive? Have the latest version of Java,

but stuck for a long while at 5%. Will let it go all down, but something ain't right here...

Don't tell me I have to try this on my Mac to get the Microsoft S/W update for Sync?

I experienced the same thing, I canceled the download and went back to download it again and it says 100%. It's not letting me download again, weird.

Mine got stuck at 5% also. It ended up failing. I had to restart/continue the download 3 more times cuz the site said to try again in 48 hours. Ha! Just restart the download like you were starting from scratch and it will pick up where it left off. Took me about 50 minutes or so to get it, and I too have a fast fiber connection. :)

Mine got stuck at 5% also. It ended up failing. I had to restart/continue the download 3 more times cuz the site said to try again in 48 hours. Ha! Just restart the download like you were starting from scratch and it will pick up where it left off. Took me about 50 minutes or so to get it, and I too have a fast fiber connection. :)

What did you have to do to get it to go past 5%?