Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

MPG Happy Talk

• Please log in to reply
1874 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   fusionTX

fusionTX

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 621 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

https://www.facebook...dfusion?fref=ts

Thanks. I have seen a couple of comments of unhappy people , but most comments are very positive

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium[list]
[*]Sterling Gray, Navigation, Driver Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control
[*]Navigation, Driver Assist, Park Assist, Moonroof, Trunk Cargo Net

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

They deleted mine, gee wonder why........  I really didn't bad mouth Ford, I just wanted them to call me, since they weren't returning my voice mails.   However, that page is run by the marketing people, and I did finally find where I can get in touch with someone at Ford who is currently looking up my case.  

There Positive results! YEAH.   They got back to me this afternoon and I should hopefully have a call from them either today or early next week. 

Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#23 OFFLINE   elle

elle

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 309 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Hybrid, Bordeaux Reserve

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

LOL, so we can't talk positively about the car anywhere.  I get it.  Every  thread must devolve into the same tired discussion.  Okay, I tried.  I'm outta here.  

#24 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

What? Mine was positive!  Ford finally contacted me, thats all I asked for, 100% positive!  See Smiley?  :)  ;)  :wub:  :headspin:

Posted Image

#25 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,774 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

What? Mine was positive!  Ford finally contacted me, thats all I asked for, 100% positive!  See Smiley?  :)  ;)  :wub:  :headspin:

Shouldn't you be outside, wiping down the dash?

• acdii likes this

2013 Fusion Titanium Energi Deep Impact Blue

204627.png

#26 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

Just based on fuelly number your story is like 99% of us, if you look at fueleconomy.gov its 75% of us, if you check the facebook page for the fusion hybrid its filled with ranting of same thing. Why anyone would create a thread just to chart how wonderful their mpg is but cant say anything bad is bizarre and suspicious. Their either working for Ford or one of their social networking cronies.

I wish I could work for Ford, I would have paid less for the car then!! :hysterical3:

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#27 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

Shouldn't you be outside, wiping down the dash?

eh, too cold outside, my dustcloth is frozen to the bucket. :worship:

Posted Image

#28 OFFLINE   GreenAussie

GreenAussie

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 26 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:57 AM

Turned in my 2010 C Class in today. Trip up to drop it off 20.5 MPG, trip back (girlfriend) driving the fusion 49.1 MPG. The fusion is bigger and roomer, the interior is about 90% of the MB, the fusion has more technology, seats are much more comfortable, its quieter, costs $10K less and a pretty sure the 40k mile routine service won’t be $1400. Boy I love this car!!! :worship: :happy feet: :victory:

Edited by GreenAussie, 23 February 2013 - 11:58 AM.

• B25Nut, fusionTX, hybridbear and 1 other like this

177420.png

#29 OFFLINE   elle

elle

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 309 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

Yours wasn't the comment I was talking about.  I don't see it now.  Maybe it was deleted or maybe I am on crack.  Or was yesterday.  So since I don't see it, I'm back here.  Anyway, I'm glad they contacted you.  That truly is some happy talk.  Hope you can get some answers.  

#30 OFFLINE   ace8726872

ace8726872

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 196 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

Ok, I was tailgating a gasoline tanker truck yesterday. Those tanker trucks and container trucks are great as they often drive below the speed limit and provide drafting opportunity. More importantly, I don't have to be the "bad" driver that holds up everyone behind me on the freeway. Anyway, following the tanker around,I got 53.3 MPG over the 28 mile commute which I normally get 47 MPG.

I saw someone else mention this on another topic and I have to agree that my driving experience has been great in my FFH. I enjoy great music in a whisper quiet car that gets great MPG and looks real nice. I am way less stress on the road. I think I might even live longer because of my FFH.
  • hybridbear, MXGOLF and Trevor Jones like this

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE Ingot Silver Metallic

Equipment Group 505A     Moonroof     Technology package with My Ford Touch     Active Park Assist     Reverse Sensing     Navigation     Driver Assist Package

Build Date Jan 22, 2013

182629.png

#31 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,774 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

I think I might even live longer because of my FFH.

Well let's hope so, but drafting behind the big trucks may not be such a good idea... I used to do it, figured I could always stop much sooner than they could once I saw brakes go on, but still had some close calls and their rear ends would always fare better than my front end and it would be my fault, so no more of that.  And that part aside, they also tend to kick up more rocks than cars and lead to dings on your car or rock chips on your windshield.  I had to replace the windshield twice on my 2010 thanks to rocks being kicked up on the interstate, and that was with trying to keep back further, but the rocks tend to come out of nowhere!

2013 Fusion Titanium Energi Deep Impact Blue

204627.png

#32 OFFLINE   ace8726872

ace8726872

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 196 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

Well let's hope so, but drafting behind the big trucks may not be such a good idea... I used to do it, figured I could always stop much sooner than they could once I saw brakes go on, but still had some close calls and their rear ends would always fare better than my front end and it would be my fault, so no more of that.  And that part aside, they also tend to kick up more rocks than cars and lead to dings on your car or rock chips on your windshield.  I had to replace the windshield twice on my 2010 thanks to rocks being kicked up on the interstate, and that was with trying to keep back further, but the rocks tend to come out of nowhere!

Good points! Since I never used to draft behind the big trucks, I didn't realize about the rocks. Too bad since it does seem to produce better MPG.

Equipment Group 505A     Moonroof     Technology package with My Ford Touch     Active Park Assist     Reverse Sensing     Navigation     Driver Assist Package

Build Date Jan 22, 2013

182629.png

#33 OFFLINE   elle

elle

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 309 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

I used to do the drafting thing back in the 70's during the gas crisis.  Didn't realize back then how dangerous it is, but it is.  I probably wouldn't do it now unless I was in a very adventurous mood.  

#34 OFFLINE   Toz

Toz

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 422 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2000 Dodge Intrepid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

I used to do the drafting thing back in the 70's during the gas crisis.  Didn't realize back then how dangerous it is, but it is.  I probably wouldn't do it now unless I was in a very adventurous mood.  

I thought that is what the ACC and collision alert was for.  Automatic drafting. :banvictory:  :banvictory:

14 Sunset HyTi

ACC,Bliss, lane keeping,

heated steering wheel,

heated and cooled seats with 10 way Passenger seat

rear inflatable seatbelts

Soft Ceramic interior

Ordered: 21Oct13

Vin:25OCT13

Est. build date: Week of 11 Nov 13 

Window sticker: 7 Nov 13

Build date: 13 Nov 13

Est. Delivery Date:13 Dec 13

Delivery date:!3 Dec 13

#35 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,506 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

There is a very old rule for following distance behind a truck.

If you can't see the side mirror on the truck cab, the truck driver can't see you.

#36 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

I thought that is what the ACC and collision alert was for.  Automatic drafting. :banvictory:  :banvictory:

Drafting is dangerous, and a friend of mine who is a semi driver says that the semi drivers don't like it because they're 1) worried about you running into them and 2) if they're carrying expensive cargo they might be worried that you're part of a plan to attack and steal their cargo.

About ACC - I have thought that too...we didn't spend the money for ACC so I don't know a lot about how it works. I know that you can set your following distance to be less than 3 seconds. What will ACC do if the person in front of you slams on the brakes? How close will ACC allow you to follow?

Thanks

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#37 OFFLINE   elle

elle

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 309 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

Drafting is dangerous, and a friend of mine who is a semi driver says that the semi drivers don't like it because they're 1) worried about you running into them and 2) if they're carrying expensive cargo they might be worried that you're part of a plan to attack and steal their cargo.

About ACC - I have thought that too...we didn't spend the money for ACC so I don't know a lot about how it works. I know that you can set your following distance to be less than 3 seconds. What will ACC do if the person in front of you slams on the brakes? How close will ACC allow you to follow?

Thanks

There's a collision warning system that will alarm when you get too close to the car in front of you that has slowed down suddenly.  It will also go off if the car in front of you slows to make a right turn and you stay close to get around it.  I've had it go off a couple of times.  

#38 OFFLINE   ace8726872

ace8726872

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 196 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:12 AM

There's a collision warning system that will alarm when you get too close to the car in front of you that has slowed down suddenly.  It will also go off if the car in front of you slows to make a right turn and you stay close to get around it.  I've had it go off a couple of times.  

Is the collision warning system a part of the adaptive cruise control? If so, my car doesn't have that option. I didn't think that I needed that option but I could see great uses now. All the neat toys and technology! All it takes is money. Too bad I don't have much! Sigh!!!

Build Date Jan 22, 2013

182629.png

#39 OFFLINE   elle

elle

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 309 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:05 AM

I think it is part of the adaptive cruise package.  Here's a brochure on it:  http://media.ford.co...tive_Cruise.pdf

#40 OFFLINE   ace8726872

ace8726872

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 196 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:42 AM

Thanks for te info elle. I would have loved to get that option over the moonroof that I have.

Build Date Jan 22, 2013

182629.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·