smr2112

Sirius Subscription - How Long is it Free?

Does anybody know how long you get free Sirius service with a new Ford?

Dealer told me 6 months and this makes sense, but somewhere I read

"Ford and Sync and Sirius" in the same sentence with 3 years - this can't

be, can it?

So the extra Traffic, Weather, Business Search, etc that comes with

the newer models - this is about $7/month extra with Sirius. How long is

this service free for - same as the radio or different?

Does anybody know how long you get free Sirius service with a new Ford?

The trial period is 6 months for Sirius radio and 6 months for Travel Link, they are separate ESNs (subscriptions) so at the end of the 6 months you can extend, or you can extend right away if you want and it will tack on the extra time after the 6 months.

The www.sirius.com website gives the prices for the different subscriptions (in a nutshell, Sirius everything is $11.99/month and Travel Link is $5.99/month but again there are several options and discounts for longer subscriptions), after I had my car for 3 weeks I got a letter from Sirius saying welcome etc etc etc and it has an account number on the letter. If you create an online account on the Sirius website you can see the time remaining on your subscriptions, I extended both of my subscriptions and the Sirius subscription could be done online in about 3 minutes. The extension of the Travel Link could not be done online, no idea why, I sent them a customer query about that and they said that part had to be done over the phone.

In 2003 I bought a "lifetime membership" for $400, I haven't paid since then. You really should look into that if you like sat radio.

In 2003 I bought a "lifetime membership" for $400, I haven't paid since then. You really should look into that if you like sat radio.

Were you able to transfer your lifetime membership to your new FFH? When I read about the lifetime membership on their website it said that it was not available for Sirius radios that come standard in new cars. Perhaps older lifetime memberships had that availability and they dscontinued it?

Here is the terms from their website:

Lifetime Subscription Plan: A "Lifetime Subscription" is one that continues for the life of the receiver equipment. A Lifetime Subscription is not transferable if it is associated with a receiver installed by an automaker or an automotive dealer in a vehicle, except in the event the original receiver associated with that Lifetime Subscription is stolen, accidentally damaged or if, in the sole discretion of SIRIUS XM Radio Inc., it is defective./

Personally this is completely useless unless i planned to keep my FFH for the reest of my life. It is no wonder Sirius/XM is doing so poorly financially. This is just idiotic.

Personally this is completely useless unless i planned to keep my FFH for the reest of my life. It is no wonder Sirius/XM is doing so poorly financially. This is just idiotic.

I thought about that as I extended for 3 years to get 5 free months, that I wonder if they will be around after 3 years. These companies have pretty much lost money from their launches, and see the below comments from their 10-K report filing which makes me hope that I get all of my 3 years worth of signal!

---------------------------------------------------------

Our business might never become profitable.

As of December 31, 2008, we had an accumulated deficit of approximately $9.7 billion.

We expect our cumulative net losses to grow as we make payments under various contracts, incur marketing and subscriber acquisition costs and make interest payments on existing debt. If we are unable ultimately to generate sufficient revenues to become profitable and generate positive cash flow, either or both of the companies could default on their commitments and there is a risk that SIRIUS, XM, or both, would be unable to make the required payments on their respective indebtedness.

Demand for our services may be insufficient for them to become profitable.

We cannot estimate with any certainty whether consumer demand for the SIRIUS and XM service will be sufficient for us to continue to increase the number of subscribers to the services. Our satellite radio services have experienced a significant decrease in new subscriptions from retail subscribers and most new subscription growth has come from automakers, many of which have experienced recent and dramatic decreases in sales.

----------------------------------------------------------

The Traffic, Directions and Information service part of SYNC is free for 3 years. :)

The Traffic, Directions and Information service part of SYNC is free for 3 years. :)

This is what I read somewhere and is great....

So the basic radio service is free 6 months, the Traffic, Directions and Information is 3 years.

Please tell us where you saw this I can't find it again.

Just to be clear, the 3 year Traffic, Directions, and Information is for the Sync system only, not the cars with a navigation system.

The Sirius Traffic, Weather, and Information system that works on the Navigation system is only free for 6 months.

Why in the world would they decide to have a shorter free subscription for people who shelled out the extra 2k for the nav system?

SYNC with TDI is not compatible with the Navigation system. The SIRIUS TravelLink does pretty much the same thing as SYNC with TDI, but yes you have to pay a lot more for a navigation system.

This is what I read somewhere and is great....

So the basic radio service is free 6 months, the Traffic, Directions and Information is 3 years.

Please tell us where you saw this I can't find it again.

It's on syncmyride.com. :)

Your subscription* to Traffic, Directions and Information lasts 36 months from vehicle purchase date.

Click on SYNC Owners, then TDI.

The trial period is 6 months for Sirius radio and 6 months for Travel Link, they are separate ESNs (subscriptions) so at the end of the 6 months you can extend, or you can extend right away if you want and it will tack on the extra time after the 6 months.

The www.sirius.com website gives the prices for the different subscriptions (in a nutshell, Sirius everything is $11.99/month and Travel Link is $5.99/month but again there are several options and discounts for longer subscriptions), after I had my car for 3 weeks I got a letter from Sirius saying welcome etc etc etc and it has an account number on the letter. If you create an online account on the Sirius website you can see the time remaining on your subscriptions, I extended both of my subscriptions and the Sirius subscription could be done online in about 3 minutes. The extension of the Travel Link could not be done online, no idea why, I sent them a customer query about that and they said that part had to be done over the phone.

Thanks for the info! Bought my FFH on July 8th, so haven't got the letter from Sirius yet. After reading your post, I sent them an email and asked for info. They promptly responded and gave me my account number, enabling me to go online and access my subscription info. :yahoo:

Ok,

I see the Sirius Satellite Radio Lifetime subscription is $399.99.....how much is the Sirius TravelLink lifetime subscription?

--

Michael Crowder

I see the Sirius Satellite Radio Lifetime subscription is $399.99....

Could you point me to the link to sign up for life for only 400? I searched but could not find anything other than old news articles saying that it was possible (about a year ago)

Yep...it's buried at the bottom of the page under all their other plans.

Could you point me to the link to sign up for life for only 400? I searched but could not find anything other than old news articles saying that it was possible (about a year ago)

I couldn't find it either. But it's apparently there. Did we determine if the factory radio's are eligible for this subscription?

Call me stupid, but still can't find it. Can you post the link?

I don't know when you last saw this but I have looked twice for it and can't find it. Please link the page that has it so the rest of us can see it.

Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.xmradio.com/whatisxm/plans-pricing.xmc

Only problem with that is you linked to XM and in case you didn't know it the Fusion comes with Sirius and NO the subscriptions are NOT interchangeable cause I asked since I already have XM in 2 cars where as the 2nd through 5th get it for only $8

You need to log into Sirius and access your account information. If you haven't already setup your account, all you need is your vehicle VIN number to get started. Once you have an account go to the account home page...

https://home.sirius.com/accountview.do

and click on the "Extend Plan" link.

This page will show all the various plans with a summary of prices. Click on the "See more options " link to get more pricing information. This is the information I get...

If you get the "SIRIUS EVERYTHING"plan the lifetime price is $399.99

If you get the "FAMILY FRIENDLY" plan the lifetime price is $449.99

If you get the "SIRIUS EVERYTHING PLUS THE BEST OF XM" plan the lifetime price is $499.99

If you get the "FAMILY FRIENDLY PLUS THE BEST OF XM" plane the lifetime price is $599.99

No other plans list a lifetime subscription price.

I still haven't been able to find any information about a TravelLink lifetime subscription. If anyone has that information, can you please post it?

This is the only TravelLink pricing I've been able to find..

http://www.sirius.com/servlet/BlobServer?b...e=1241184094171

--

Michael

You need to log into Sirius and access your account information. If you haven't already setup your account, all you need is your vehicle VIN number to get started. Once you have an account go to the account home page...

https://home.sirius.com/accountview.do

and click on the "Extend Plan" link.

This page will show all the various plans with a summary of prices. Click on the "See more options " link to get more pricing information. This is the information I get...

If you get the "SIRIUS EVERYTHING"plan the lifetime price is $399.99

If you get the "FAMILY FRIENDLY" plan the lifetime price is $449.99

If you get the "SIRIUS EVERYTHING PLUS THE BEST OF XM" plan the lifetime price is $499.99

If you get the "FAMILY FRIENDLY PLUS THE BEST OF XM" plane the lifetime price is $599.99

No other plans list a lifetime subscription price.

I still haven't been able to find any information about a TravelLink lifetime subscription. If anyone has that information, can you please post it?

This is the only TravelLink pricing I've been able to find..

http://www.sirius.com/servlet/BlobServer?b...e=1241184094171

--

Michael

Yeah...What he said...I was going to post a link, then noticed all of MY info would have been on there. Maybe they would have bought me a lifetime plan though?

I see my "Lifetime Plan" option just increased $100.00 to $499.00 now...I'll DEFINITELY not buy it, but I love how they have a 4-yr plan for $679.00...