Ugachick

Fuel Questions - New FFH Owner

Oh I dont know, they were entertaining in the Blue Devil, they shriveled and died faster than they grew.

The car has an algorithm for the fuel gauge. It is not based on the fuel level, but more on the parameters it learns as you drive. It averages them all out and reports what it assumes is the amount of fuel in the tank. It Errs on the low side too so as to never report more miles to empty than there actually is. The one thing that it is based on is the amount of fuel used and replenished over the first few tanks. If you let it use 12 gallons for the first few fills, the amount used will be reported more towards the actual tank capacity.

I experimented with this since I fill at least once a week. I filled the tank after 10 gallons used, and thats what it reported when DTE was 0. I then drove WAY past 0 DTE and filed with 12+ for the next three tanks. By then it was reporting more along the lines of 11.5 gallons at 0 DTE.

It learns your fill pattern over time. If you normally fill at 10 gallons, thats where it will base its 0 DTE. Pretty bad when the car can be smarter than us.

Well guess who does not want a 2015! If by some bad turn of luck my Hyti gets wrecked, I may not buy another one. I'm a bit soured with Ford at the moment, and hearing they took even more away from the Fusion makes me want to look elsewhere if I have to.