hybridbear

iOS8 & Sync/MFT Compatibility

I am finding the IOS8 to be troublesome, its acting up in the MKT. SOmetimes plays, sometimes not, but the phone is always working now.

Its through USB, and it happens on both cars now. The 8.02 update broke it. 8.0 had worked fine, even fixed Pandora when an ad played, used to stop playing over USB, and had to resync it, 8.0 had resolved that, and now 8.02 has it doing it again. Its an Apple issue, not MFT at this point.

Apple has a new update, 8.2, MFT interaction is still broken, along with a few other items on the phone. Too bad I could not stick with the first 8.0 release, but some apps required 8.1, so it was either forego those apps or upgrade. Should have foregone the apps and just dealt with the update icons every day.

On the broken USB part, I think its the metadata portion that is broken, When a commercial on Pandora plays, it sends no data to MFT, and halfway through it stops playing on USB, but still continues on the phone, then I have to press pause on the car, and the phone then play on the phone to continue, After the commercials are done. It used to do it occasionally at random, then 8.0 fixed it, then 8.1 broke it so now it does it every time. If I press mute, forget about it, I have to disconnect the USB from the phone and reattach it to get it to work again, not even closing and reopening the app will get it to work. Gets better, now the music and playlists on the phone itself are having issues being played.