IraF

New Software Update for Sync

3.7 appeared for me today. Installed. Noticed clock still an hour off, ambient lighting still will switch on it's own to the default blue. Would like to see a comprehensive change log.

Here's a TSB about Lincolns defaulting to white ambient lighting and Fords defaulting to blue -- sounds like it may apply to your car?

tsb14-0175.pdf

Not certain why they chose to call this 3.7 unless they intend to change how the deltas are measured in their versioning sequences.

When you upload the xml file back to Ford these release notes appear;

ABOUT THE LATEST UPDATE

The new software update for SYNC® with MyFord Touch systems includes all the improvements from previous updates, plus additional benefits such as:

Navigation:

• Map content for Europe and Australia/New Zealand regions
  • Mute button for SYNC Navigation prompts added to Navigation map screen
  • Estimated "Time of Arrival," instead of "Time to Destination" now shown on map screen

The installation of this update will take up to 30 minutes to complete.

Be sure to keep your engine running (not in accessory mode) throughout the entire installation process. Turning off your vehicle during the update installation will disrupt the process. Although your vehicle must be in park when you begin the installation process, you may drive your vehicle while the update is downloading to your SYNC system.

If your vehicle is equipped with the Intelligent Access with Push Button Start feature, you will need to temporarily disable the Automatic Engine Idle Shutdown (AEIS) component before beginning the installation in order to prevent your vehicle from timing out and shutting off the engine before the software update is complete. To disable this feature, use your steering wheel controls to navigate to the Settings menu on your left-hand Instrument Cluster LCD display. From there, select Vehicle >Auto Engine Off >Off. (If you do not see this setting, there is no need to make any changes before starting the update.)

Alternatively, after initiating the installation, you may drive the vehicle during the update process to avoid shutting off the engine. The next time you start your vehicle, the AEIS will automatically reset to "On."

Please note: During the update installation, SYNC will temporarily appear to not recognize your mobile phone or media device. This is normal. Once your system has been successfully updated, SYNC will display a notification stating "Installation complete."

Edited by darrelld

I would not recommend this update. Since updating to 3.7 my iPhone 6 will not stay connected to Sync. As soon as a call completes the voice settings revert back to the iPhone. Even manually reelecting sync as your speaker option does not restore the call back to Sync. Doesnt matter if the calls are outbound or inbound, as soon as the call completes Sync will immediately drop as if you disconnected but the call on the phone is still active.

I did not have this problem with 3.62 and need to find a way to roll back. Wonder what other "features" Microsoft added?

Performed a Master Reset, repaired the phone and the problem remains.

Problem Resolved:

I tested my wife's iPhone 6 Plus v8.02 with my Fusions Sync v3.7 and her phone did not have this problem. Next I went to my iPhone > General > Settings > Reset. Repaired my iPhone 6 Plus v8.02 to Sync 3.7 and now everything is working as it did before.

Edited by darrelld