IraF

Here we go again with Stupidity

I cant run a VHR because the site has the wrong phone and I cant change it to mine, somehow, somewhere its locked up under a different account.

Well figured out the phone number issue. I have 2 accounts for some reason. I found the credentials saved for the owner.ford site and they are different for the Sync site. I logged into both and deleted the cars in the one account and can now use my phone number for the Lincoln.

However, why the hell do I need to provide a credit card for a $0 charge for Sync services???

Edit, well apparently my Lincoln MKT doesn't get a free Sync subscription, hence why it asks for a credit card. I have a choice of paying $60 or $199 for a 12 month subscription. I don't recall having to pay for one for my used 2010 FFH, so why do I have to pay for my more expensive used Lincoln? I guess I wont be able to use VHR in it.

Edit Edit, I guess I dont need Sync services to run a VHR, I was able to activate it without having the service. Strange freaking site.

Edited by acdii

I had to actually upgrade my MKT to the latest version, so it is actually showing the correct version now.

Your wife also has the option of creating her own SYNC account with a different email address. VINs can be added to multiple accounts. As long as her phone number is active, she’ll be able to run a Vehicle Health Report without affecting your account.

Kim

This is what happened with my account, I have two logins, which is why I had issues with my phone number. Looks like I got the sync services straightened out. Now the Fusion just needs to be corrected, it shows the wrong version installed.

Wait, next thing you know, they will ban you from the sync site like I was with their FB page. :)

I had the same issues with the MKT, they cleared up after renewing the Fusion. I don't know why it said I had to buy the services on a rather new vehicle, I thought the service was transferred to the new owner, but once the Fusion renewed, the MKT showed as in service. I ran a VHR last night and it wouldn't let me view it until I selected a Lincoln dealer, wouldn't let me choose my dealer.