IraF

Here we go again with Stupidity

I have another data point of failure. I have twice tried to configure the Sync site to send me a text message when a VHR has been received successfully. It is supposed to send me a text message which I have to respond to with the word YES. No text message has come in for either try.

Same here. Don't tell me AT&T is not a supported carrier! :(

I had the same issues with the MKT, they cleared up after renewing the Fusion. I don't know why it said I had to buy the services on a rather new vehicle, I thought the service was transferred to the new owner, but once the Fusion renewed, the MKT showed as in service. I ran a VHR last night and it wouldn't let me view it until I selected a Lincoln dealer, wouldn't let me choose my dealer.

The website requires you to have a preferred dealership selected before you can view a Vehicle Health Report. If you try to view the report before selecting a preferred dealership, it will bring you to a page that says LOCATE A DEALER. Type in your zip code and a list of dealerships in your area will pop up. When you find the one you're looking for, click the blue link on the right that says SET AS PREFERRED DEALER. It should only prompt you to do this once. It may ask you to select a Ford and Lincoln dealership if you have both types of vehicles on one account, but I haven't tested this on my end.

Are you still having issues viewing the report, acdii?

I have another data point of failure. I have twice tried to configure the Sync site to send me a text message when a VHR has been received successfully. It is supposed to send me a text message which I have to respond to with the word YES. No text message has come in for either try.

Same here. Don't tell me AT&T is not a supported carrier! :(

murphy and SteveB_TX,

Try sending a text message saying "YES" to the number: 47962. Sometimes this method will work even if no original text was received.

Kim

murphy and SteveB_TX,

Try sending a text message saying "YES" to the number: 47962. Sometimes this method will work even if no original text was received.

Kim

Kim,

I got a response saying:

4SYNC:Service alerts enabled.

I won't know if it took until the next time I run a VHR.

Thanks.

Kim,

I got a response saying:

Thanks.

No problem! I hope it works. You know where to find me if you continue to have trouble after running a Vehicle Health Report.

Kim

Kim,

I got a response saying:

Thanks.

Me too! Thanks Kim. :)

Yep, figured the dealer thing out the second time I clicked on view and the same page popped up, so selected a dealer(though I wouldnt use them) and the next go around it let me view it. It just doesnt redirect to the VHR when you select a dealer, only selecting schedule maintenance does something happen. It really should redirect to the VHR once you select a dealer from that list instead of leaving you hanging on what next.

Ran a VHR... Received a text less than a minute later telling me a VHR report is available. :)

Ran a VHR... Received a text less than a minute later telling me a VHR report is available. :)

Okay then, it looks like the only remaining Sync problem, that I know about, is the reporting of the wrong version of MFT.

So just to review, the sync website is still telling many of us to upgrade to a version we already have installed, correct?

So just to review, the sync website is still telling many of us to upgrade to a version we already have installed, correct?

As far as I know it is telling everyone that they have to upgrade. They appear to have lost the database that contained all changes since the car was built.

Ok, that's what I'm still getting, I wasn't sure by the sound of it all on here if the database got restored for some.

Thanks for the clarification.

So many outage days, that database must have really gotten clobbered.

So many outage days, that database must have really gotten clobbered.

It was out of date for many moons before it finally got "fixed" and showed the correct Sync version. Hopefully it doesn't take as long to get it "fixed" this time around. :)

Yay, it seems to have worked! Thanks for sharing.

Kim

Edited by FordIVTteam

The Sync website looks different today. The front page notices are gone. My latest VHR is nowhere to be found. Drilling down I find the site still thinks I am at version 3.5.1. I find reference to a status checker tool, which I used years ago with my 2010 Hybrid, but the actual tool is no where to be found.

It has now been two weeks since the web site was broken with no repair in sight.

Kim, since it appears that the data has been lost forever the only hope now is for the status checker tool to be made available so we can use it to update the site with the actual version that is in our cars.

If I was responsible for this web site, at any place I have worked, I would have been let go and pounding the pavement looking for a new job.

This whole fiasco is beyond belief.

Edited by murphy

It is very nice that Kim reports to us all that she is helping out by reporting this problem, but where is the feedback from anyone working on the problem? How do we escalate this issue to someone accountable?

My VHR is still there.

When Kim and I went though my account in December '13 she found this to be the cause of my accounts strange behavior:

The problem with this account specifically is that: www.Support.Ford.com pulls information from a different website called PTS, which is showing that the latest update for your vehicle is V3.5.1 instead of V3.6.2. The SYNC website recognizes that you're at the latest software, but is showing the most current update available on PTS instead of what has actually been installed.

I wonder if the PTS website is still corrupting the Ford website.

Since Sunday morning seems to be when they work on the web site I just took another look.

The notifications are back indicating that I have a VHR available and that I need to update my software.

So no change from yesterday.

Maybe the PTS web site is what has gone missing.

my screen says I have an update available and a health report to look at, both incorrect.

The Sync website looks different today. The front page notices are gone. My latest VHR is nowhere to be found. Drilling down I find the site still thinks I am at version 3.5.1. I find reference to a status checker tool, which I used years ago with my 2010 Hybrid, but the actual tool is no where to be found.

It has now been two weeks since the web site was broken with no repair in sight.

Kim, since it appears that the data has been lost forever the only hope now is for the status checker tool to be made available so we can use it to update the site with the actual version that is in our cars.

If I was responsible for this web site, at any place I have worked, I would have been let go and pounding the pavement looking for a new job.

This whole fiasco is beyond belief.

Here is a link to the Version Checker: http://support.ford.com/tools/account/update-center?step=prepare-vc You must log into the website before navigating to this link. Since the Vehicle Health Report is not automatically updating the website to your current version, you may have similar results using this tool. Please let me know the outcome either way.

It is very nice that Kim reports to us all that she is helping out by reporting this problem, but where is the feedback from anyone working on the problem? How do we escalate this issue to someone accountable?

My VHR is still there.

When Kim and I went though my account in December '13 she found this to be the cause of my accounts strange behavior:

The problem with this account specifically is that: www.Support.Ford.com pulls information from a different website called PTS, which is showing that the latest update for your vehicle is V3.5.1 instead of V3.6.2. The SYNC website recognizes that you're at the latest software, but is showing the most current update available on PTS instead of what has actually been installed.

I wonder if the PTS website is still corrupting the Ford website.

Hey JimArch and GrySql,

I haven't received an estimated date of resolution for this issue yet. I've reached out to management to see if there are any other ways to speed up the process. I'll update you all as soon as possible.

Kim

Sadly, running the version checker tool had no effect. The car accepted the tool and created the .xml file on the USB drive. I uploaded the .xml file to the website and it accepted the file. There was no change. The web site still says that I have version 3.5.1 and that I am up-to-date as of April 1, 2013. I logged out of the web site and then back in several times in case that was needed to record the update.

Update:

Now that the web site is working properly the version checker update that I did yesterday now appears in my update history.

Edited by murphy

Kim, how does it look for you now, because for me it appears to be reporting accurate info?

It's 8:22 PM on March 23.

The Sync web site appears to finally be fixed. It now has my correct version number and is not telling me that there is a software upgrade available.