dalesky

SC to taxpayers: "Don't buy Fusion Hybrids"

This is more widespread than just SC. Many states are considering this. I sure as heck dont want Big Brother tracking my miles. Bad enough they are listening in on our phones.

They added a Hybrid Tax fee in VA, it pissed a lot of people off. They recently removed it, I don't think it even lasted a whole year.

Just two days ago I got a check in the mail from the Commonweath of Virginia for $58.25, only description was "DMV transaction refund" which may be related to the hybrid tax but also may have been related to the recent Energi registration.

And a side note -- several years ago my wife worked for VCU hospital and thus was employed by the Commonwealth of Virginia. She then moved to Los Angeles and got her past paycheck in paper form, went to a Bank of America branch in downtown LA and the teller told her "this says Commonwealth of Virginia, sorry we don't accept foreign checks"...

OT Pop Quiz:

Name the other Commonwealths in the USA.

There are 3 others besides mine...

Good old state of Obama here sure knows how to waste money. Democratic run, no money, in the Red, high taxes, high gas prices, pensions they cant pay for, and some of the crappiest roads around. They already raised our state income tax 50%, we dont need anymore taxes piled on us, they waste it anyway.

The problem I have with taxing is that the taxes raised get shuffled off to something that is wasn't destined for. Here in IL, taxes on gas are percentage based, so the more that gas costs, the higher the taxes are on it. The taxes raised go up as the price per gallon goes up, so in the past few years, the price per gallon doubled, so did the taxes, yet, the roads are horrible, and bridges have been closed with no date as to when they will be repaired and reopened. So where do that extra tax money go?

We already are seeing what a horrible mess the ACA has become, and will just get worse over time, so imagine the fiasco and waste that would occur with a nationwide mileage tax. All for raising taxes on gas, as long as the tax goes to paying for roads! I suppose a meter could be hooked to the charging station for taxing electric cars, after all, you have to have a meter some places when you are self sufficient with solar and wind, so that you pay your fair share of energy tax.