md13ffhguy

Remote start/climate control issue

MFT went POOF. Thats a laymens term for, some module got it's programming corrupted and is in fail safe mode. They should be able to resolve it, hopefully without having to replace anything, just a reflash of software.

Did they charge you for it? Otherwise I wouldn't worry, as it is a line of BS. In order to fix some things, they have to reflash the software, which is what is sounds like they id for the dash. The BCM controls the door and window functions, and since it ties into the dash module, they would have had to reflash it anyways. How else would you be able to enable/disable the global feature from the dash if it wasnt tied in?

If the Remote start is an aftermarket dealer installed item that ties into the dash though, then they would not be reimbursed since its a non warranty item. Only the Factory installed Remote start would be covered by Ford.

My FFH has the bi-directional remote that was installed after delivery and it is warranted the same as if it had been installed at the factory.

Was it installed by the dealer or by a third party before delivery to the dealer? I was referring to dealer installed ones that aren't listed on the build your car site. Some options aren't installed on the assembly line, but a shop located somewhere else. Items like remote start and DVD players come to mind.

I am also switching dealers, giving the one near my work a try to see if they are any better service wise.