Sign in to follow this  
corncobs

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Here is something I know about car delivery. When the rail car reaches its off loading destination, the rail company clears its records of it, no longer on the books, destination reached, so you will get no further updates until the rail car has been emptied and back in the possession of the rail company. At this point it is up to the rail yard to off load the car and load it on a truck to its final destination. Here is where tracking is lost since no one particular company is involved. The company offloading the car puts it in its lot, then contracts out to the local trucking companies and loads them based on destination. If a truck has less than a half load for any given location, then it doesn't get loaded. It will only get loaded when a truck for your local area has a full load, until then it sits.

Some rail yards have a finite amount of time a car can sit on the lot unloaded, so until a truck is available, they leave them on the rail cars.

In any case, no one will be able to get a sitrep on the car unless they actually go to the rail yard and ask about it, then you have to find the right person who may or may not give you the time of day let alone where your car is.

When I tracked mine, when it arrived at the rail yard until it was dropped off at the dealers door, there were no updates available. Every day there was an update as to where the car was until it arrived, then all it said was at rail yard pending delivery. This is to a Chicago rail yard, a busy one too.

It's in the hands of the "handlers" of the rail yard. Have you gone to the Ford site and done a regional search? Build a car with the options you want in the area code you are looking in, and it will list a few dealers and what they have on hand.

Scrap everything. It's here! And alive and well! The dealer just got it...... :happy feet: :happy feet: :love_shower:

Congrats! See, it was in limbo waiting for a truck! :) Dont rush to it, let them make sure its clean and prepped, and everything is working before you pick it up.

I like the angle it was taken, the mirror lines up with the chrome trim, and makes it look symmetrical. BTW if you discover your wheels swapped out someday with 18" Ti wheels.........wasn't me.

The one thing I really miss about my 2010 Sport were the rims. Too bad they wont fit the 13. I dont mind the rims I have now, they look pretty good when rolling(when they are clean). They sparkle when the sin hits them just right.

Yes, at Jeff's prodding I posted that picture there and he worked his magic I guess. Anyway it should be ay my dealer's place now and I'm going over to take a peek at it. They will be installing the remote start on Monday and change the licence etc. and then I'm scheduled to pick it up on Tuesday.

No magic, just asked for an update from a source that would be impartial and if there was something that had gone wrong with the car like being damaged in transit and it showed on the status, the cyberdman update would have very likely had shown that and exposed that someone else in the mix was BS-ing, but I guess not and it just sat on a train for a long time without the drama. Glad that you finally got it.