Sign in to follow this  
corncobs

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Same to you! Its probably already christmas where you are, or very close. Enjoy and have some Schnitzel!

Going to be a white Christmas here, Snow is moving in, 1-3 more inches expected.

Merry Christmas all! Jeff got an early Christmas present with a visit to the dealer today, now has a car to match Mama's...

Wow, congrats! Envious of course, but happy still the same. :)

With such diverse weather over the past weeks and Christmas holidays, it could be that the yard crew fell way behind. Freezing rain, holidays, then those who watched the NHL outdoor game between the Wings and my Leafs saw all that snow happening. So maybe it really is going to be very difficult to extract those cars.

This is not something that is or can be under your control, and you haven't taken delivery of the car yet so if there was something really badly wrong with the car they would order another (we've had other users here have their cars damaged on arrival and had to order a replacement) and with a high build priority assigned when the regional/zone rep gets involved - but that's getting ahead of things a bit.

Back in January 1994 I had ordered a new Camaro (built somewhere in Quebec I believe) and it had been built and for 3 weeks the dealer said that all they knew was that it was "in transit" and nothing more (sound familiar?) -- and January 1994 we also had a quite a cold snap, and I was afraid something was wrong and expecting the worst. As it turned out, it took a month to get to the dealer, no clue where it sat for so long (on a rail car in the cold somehere), but when it got to me it was fine.

So yeah it sucks to wait for so long and without knowing what's up, however getting the proper Ford POCs involved should help track it down.

Edited by jeff_h

As long as the doors are closed and windows up, the car will be fine. The 12V may be low from sitting, but after a quick charge and some running the car will be OK. I have had cars sit for a year and start up fine after putting a charger on the battery.

Okay I'm not going to hold my breath or anything, but our friendly service advisor person wrote me a few minutes ago to tell me the car was supposed to be shipped yesterday. I'm hoping her info is correct and that the info the dealer got was stale dated. It's the old she said/he said thing and I want the she said to be right. I just can't stand having all you folks having all the fun while I sit here and read of your adventures. :thumbsup: