acdii

Car classifications

At the end of the MKZ commercial, they specify the car being in the Luxury Compact segment. Um, ok? I would never consider a midsized sedan like this to be a compact. To me a compact is a Focus, and a sub compact a Fiesta, and a Smart to be a golf cart, or kick me car.

Where and when did that all come about?

Doesnt lexus have a small 4 door hatchback now? Now that is a compact to me. Then again, I have only driven real cars, that have 4 doors, and can haul 4 bodies in the trunk for 30 years. Anything else is a compact. :)

Length of car is not where they classify , it's based on interior volume, including trunk space. Thats how a Prius is ranked as a mid size.

Not that I can use the Prius's interior volume in the trunk area for extra leg room. For a "mid size" the Prius is seriously short on leg room.

100% agree! I found the car small and uncomfortable to drive long periods, yet the rear seat had more leg room.

The standard pius is the one I referred to. The C is smaller, the V is larger, but not by very much. They all look pretty the much the same though, bland, outdated, I have a mouse on my desk that is 15 years old that looks just like them.