cold_fusion

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Turbo

I think a turbo on the car would be more damage to the CVT than the engine. Engine is cheap, replacement is $1700 full retail.

CVT... $5000... So yea, im not touching it.

Actually... I think we should get some KERS battery packs from an F1 car. Now that would be a mod I would like to try. But they won't last to long. They cook 'em for high performance, and they don't last more then 1 race. Plus they're hand built.

Ferrari does have a new LaFerrari supercar that produces 963 hp and uses a KERS system. Ferrari says it can charge the battery even under full braking that activates ABS. The engine can also charge the battery directly, just as mainstream cars do through their alternators. The electric motor outputs 120 kW or 163 hp on top of the engine’s 800 hp. Top speed is 217 mph or 350 kph.

Now there's a hybrid that goes fast but still probably only get 15 miles to the gallon. Cost 1.3 million. It is a Ferrari after all.

The tesla can stop with ABS our little electric motor can only give us so much "drag" as I call it where it loads up like a huge alternator to charge the battery. the eCVT may also come into play on this one if it can only handle forcing so much back into the elec engine (i dont know how much it can handle going in the other direction)

With the above I think the car should go sealed grill for the ICE to keep it up to temp. It would still have fans and such that can pull from under the car if needed. And maybe supliment cabin heat too.