dalesky

It's pretty clear why more hybrids aren't being sold

I think the two largest factors that drive hybrid sales, Tree huggers and people who drive a lot and doubling the MPG pays off quickly. Driving a hybrid is a compromise of trunk space, availability, and power. The other limiting factor is, oh crap a hybrid, need to get past them they drive so slow.

I just say to them, not slower, Smarter.

That pretty much sums it up. It's all in the advertising. If you look at the Ford commercials, something I really bitched about, they dont really sell the car, but when I see a Toyota commercial with all the safety advantages on their cars, it is plain to see what people will be looking at when car shopping. Hey did you see Toyota has these neat safety features? Even though Ford has them all and more, they dont advertise that fact to consumers, instead they show a brief view of a white Fusion, then some moron who forgot to put the nuts on his pool and it collapses. Um, forgive me, but what the hell does that have to do with the car Ford is trying to sell?

I have to give them credit for their Christmas commercials, very well made in that they discuss the car features and not take a disjointed twist. We dont need more power in our cars, there are these things called speed limits(that aren't really enforced), and we dont have an Autobahn like in Germany. I find the power in the HyTi to be more than adequate.

The reality of it all is that $4 gas doesn't impact most people, they will still waste it because they want to drive fast!