Pebbleskn

Interested in purchasing new FFH - Help!

The reason you aren't finding anything regarding the HVB(High Voltage Battery) is because, so far, no one has had to replace one, and the few that did have an issue were replaced under warranty. When and if the time comes to replace it, consider it about the same cost as to replace a transmission. The lifetime on the pack is roughly the equivalent to a well designed transmission, good for at least 300K miles. With the computer management systems keeping the charge/discharge rates in set parameters, the batteries will last the life of the car.

It is too bad you cant get many of the nice features unless you go all out, but for me, the HyTi was well worth it. Great car, just wish the seats were as comfortable as the SE Luxury package, thats the only grip I have. The drivers assist package is well worth the money, and the adaptive cruise is great if you do a lot of highway driving.

If seats are important to you, it's probably worth a trip to the dealer to try each one. In 2009 when I was looking for my 2010 FFH I went to my dealer and asked for them to get the keys for a Fusion that had cloth seats and one that had leather, as I didn't see a need for leather since I believed cloth was better in hot/cold weather, and said I wanted to do a 'butt test' to see which one I liked better. When I went there I was definitely leaning toward the cloth, but after that test I was definitely on favor of the leather (and the 2013's leather is more comfy than the 2010, IMHO). So probably good to take a trip over and see for yourself, and go from there.

And don't worry about the hybrid battery, I swear that is the first thing I hear people worry about when we talk about hybrids. My 2005 Prius (now owned by co-worker) has just passed 200K miles and HVB is fine, and my 2010 FFH (now owned by wife's friend) has just passed 163K miles and HVB is fine.

Edited by jeff_h

I seem to recall cloth seats being just as hot as the leather, only difference is the cloth absorbs your sweat. EWWW, they tend to get sweaty stinky after a few years. Leather isnt half as bad as vinyl was! Those were nasty hot sticky in the summer, at least the leather breaths, and cools down quickly. My HyTi is black, and I have yet had a time where the seats were unbearably hot when getting in. I too use the global down feature to cool the car down when its how. Heck I have driven it quite a few days in the high 80's low 90's with the windows down, and AC off, and was comfortable.

One thing I have found, and this may be true for others, if the leather has a gloss to it, they tend to be hot and sticky like vinyl, but if the surface is dull, like they are in the Fusion, they dont feel as hot, or hold the heat. I also noticed that seat like that tend to crack and look as though the surface is coming off, which apparently it is, I believe there is a coating on the leather, and that is what is holding the heat. The seats in the F350 were like that and they were Prairie Tan in color, very light, like the Dune, but they were hot! None of my other cars had seats like that, and I cant recall any of them being that hot.