LASooner

Ford Mondeo Vignale concept debuts at Frankfurt Motor Show

Ditto. I like how that wagon looks, but dont care much for the quilted look. Note the LED lighting

Like vigilante without the nt? Dont know, but I doubt you will ever see a trim line like that here, thats what the Lincoln is for.

Vignale will be available from 2015 at first on the new-gen Mondeo/Fusion and then on the S-MAX and Edge. It will be slotted above the Titanium X trim and promises to offer more luxurious amenities both inside and out for those who want a more premium Ford.

I was talking to the fleet guy when I was getting my PCM update and he said he didn't think Lincoln was going to be around much longer as a brand.

With how Lincoln has redesigned most of their line, I think they will be around for quite some time. The MKZ being the first to distance itself from its brethren Fusion, they may be similar underneath, but they are totally different inside and out. MKC I believe is the next to do that.

Now they need to step up on the MKX. When I was at a Lincoln dealer not too long ago, the cars on the show room floor had terrible paint jobs. The Fusion and Flex paints are smooth, the MKX had a rough surface like a amateur painter did it.

BTW saw a stretched MKT the other day, that looked weird, it looked as if someone grabbed the front and back and pulled it like stretch armstrong.

Tailgate up vs tailgate down. Myth busters proved and explained what I have been saying a long time, you waste gas with the tailgate down or removed due to increased drag. With it up it creates a bubble that improves airflow the faster you go, and why bed covers improve it at slower speeds. When you drop the tailgate, you remove that bubble so the airflow collects behind the cab and doubles or triples the drag.

Ummm, how does that correlate with a stationwagon?? :headscratch:

Not being a smart ass, just don't understand you point .... :)

the flow at the back of the car is more important than the flow behaviour at the front.