Eddie Sessum

No hybrid minivans?

Rather have the Flex than a *cough cough* minivan. If there was ever a vehicle I dislike more than a PPP(still cant say it), its a minivan, no matter who makes it.

On the Excursion, swap out the 6.0 with a 7.3 and get over 20 MPG in one. I had a 99 F350 and took a trip to DC for our honeymoon in it, and got 19 MPG in it, only because it had 4:11 gearing. Later I swapped out the 4:11 for 3:73 and it got 21 highway. Not too shabby for 8000+# 6 wheel monster.

Thats why you load it up with Airplanes and stuff, make it more interesting. We have taken several trips in them and no one complains about comfort or ride. The kids love the Flex, but then again, who wouldnt, its like being launched from a carrier when in the 3rd row and Daddy steps on the go pedal! LOL, It has WEEEE factor! I actually like the redesign on the 13 over the prior years. Then again mine is loaded out with everything. The only thing that would make mine look better is smoking out the rear panel that is aluminum, Ford did that on prior years Titanium trim, but not for the 13. It looks out of place with the rest of the trim.

It also has supersonic mode. You can fold the mirrors while driving, makes me think of an F14 when it sweeps the wings back.

If gas wasn't a factor, there would be a LOT more miles on it, thats how much I like driving it.

Makes me wonder if Ford really wants to sell the Flex, or keep it as a Niche market vehicle. You never see it advertised, and I have had people ask, What is that, can I see it? My dealer has 3 of them, but they are selling rather well as all the ones he had when I got mine have been sold and replaced. They are expensive though, mine stickered for just under 50K. Only thing it didnt have was the tow package, split second row and 2nd row console/refrigerator, those options would have put it over 52K. I would have liked the split second row, as they are fully adjustable and heated, but finding the split bench is actually working out pretty well, and we dont really need them to be heated either. I doubt we would ever have used the fridge/freezer thing, and the console would just collect junk. Love the Vista roof though! We didnt think we would like it, so the first one didnt have one, but this one does, and a roof rack, which prior years wasnt an option for both. It brightens up the interior even with the sun shades closed.

Best part though is the Ecoboost, Fantastic engine and great gas mileage!