acdii

wawawa or woobwooobwoob sound

I am hearing this sound while driving, and thought maybe it was the tires since my other car made a similar sound that was the tires, as it changed when I had them rotated. So I had the tires rotated on this one, and the noise is still there up front. Just wondering if its normal drivetrain noise with the Ecvt. Does yours make a noise like this in EV mode regardless of speed? I think the title best describes the sound, its not HIGH pitched, but higher than I can imitate.

I have an appointment scheduled for after the holiday to have the bumper repainted, and was thinking of having them check it out, but if others hear it too, I wont bother.

woobwooobwoob

See if Arsenio Hall is in the back seat.

I don't hear any sound like that, just a smooth MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm as one would expect

Somehow I just KNEW y'all would make fun of it! :drop:

:)

It is pretty constant no matter what speed I go, but mostly I notice it above 30. Since it didnt transfer to the rear like I had hoped for(Or they didn't actually rotate the tires like they charged me for), this leads me to believe it is a bearing noise. Just not the kind of bearing noise I would want to hear if one is failing since this type of bearing noise is internal with the CVT.

What I might do is jack the front wheels up and see if the noise is there with no load on the suspension. If I still hear it, then it would confirm its transmission related. :(

It is in the shop now getting looked at for this and a few other things.

It sounds like a differential on an old truck.

Its coming from the left front, almost right in front of me.

Apparently this is a normal sound. I guess I never noticed it in that "other" car. Its the differential gearset making the noise, it resonates right around 45 MPH. It is only present when in EV and have everything off inside. The ICE drowns it out, and since the ICE was nearly always on in that "other" car, is probably why I never noticed it.

Close, but the noise I hear is under load, maintaining ~45 MPH on EV. Thats when its most pronounced. Like I said, its very close to what you would hear in a rear differential when the lash is off on the pinion.

Does the noise get worse when you do regen braking?

no, the two are not the same noise. The Hybrid sounds are unique and easy to discern over the rest of the noises the car makes. This is a mechanical noise associated with the drive train. It is very similar to tire noise, but is coming from the CVT, and only noticeable around 45 MPH in EV. As soon as I release the load it quiets down, much the same way a rear differential with a poor lash does.