jeapa

Another Prius Convert

This last winter was especially brutal. Cold here meant a high of 10*, and for the most part our winter was single digit. Unusually cold in IL last year. I know it contributed some to the crappy numbers the SE had, Some, but something was not right with that car. I expect my winter numbers to be around 38 MPG actual this winter in the HyTi, since my expectations(which I expected to see in the first one) are between 38 and 44 MPG for the roads I drive on, and so far that is exactly where they are falling. My lifetime since I drove off the lot is 43.6, and I am very happy with that. When winter comes, I expect it to fall off to around 40 on average, dash, with the cold cold snowing nasty ugly days being around 36-38, and nice days around 42. Right now I get 47 average round trip, dash.

These are my daily to and from work numbers, throw in a few short low MPG trips during the week and weekends and it falls right at 43 MPG dash. Actual MPG based on fuel used is 1 MPG under.

Hey HB, did you get the recall notice on the Prius yet? 1.9 Million are being recalled to reprogram them so they dont shut down while driving.

I used to own a Prius, and would never go back to one no matter how great its gas mileage was. Once I drove the Fusion, they don't compare in handling, comfort and features. From what I have heard, Toyota customer service makes Fords look great. I also owned a 2009 Camry Hybrid, and the Fusion has better quality that it did. The SE has more features than the loaded Camry does too.

I do like the Avalon though, but its pricey! Feature for feature the Avalon is the closest to the Fusion.