jeapa

Another Prius Convert

I'm also a former Prius driver, had one for 128k miles and sold it to co-worker (see it in parking lot at work each day, it now has about 196k miles). It worked fine and I only had a couple issues with it, but thought the styling was cheap and the ride was not very comfortable - the FFH is much better in both areas, IMHO.

Hi everyone. I have been reading the forums for a few days to learn all I can about the FFH. I will be picking up my white platinum SE tomorrow and I am super excited. I am getting the dune leather, moonroof, my ford tech, rear video camera, reverse sensing, and navigation.

. I suspect it will get in the 37-40 mpg range unless I slow down a little. I am willing to give up a little in favor of comfort and style. I spend a lot of time driving everyday and I figure I should enjoy it a little more. Life is just too short!!

Thanks.

It is good to know you are going into it expecting this! Shows you did some homework first! :) You will love this car. I was a former PPP(cant come to say the word) owner too. If ever there was a car I hated, it was that one. Getting good mileage is one thing, but if you dont enjoy the car, or makes you and your family not feel safe, its gone!

Yeah

We need MORE More MORE!!!

Ppp(still cant say it) Converts! :)

Thanks guys. I am really glad that I found this forum. I had almost decided not to buy the hybrid model based on reviews from Consumer Reports and others.

I was also ambivalent after reading various posts from others that the hybrid was no way gonna make the MPG numbers, So all I said last October was that I was anxious to see for myself, as I was not able to get MPG numbers from the Prius but got better than MPG from the 2010 FFH. So I got it and am doing well, and now many others (but sadly there are still some not happy) are also doing the same -- however wait for winter to come back around and the number of 'my MPG sucks again' posts will creep back up. So Spring and Fall are definitely the best time for a hybrid...

You dont have a true reading yet on the grill covers though to see how much they help. Hopefully th ecombination of the update and grill covers will get the winter numbers up to the 10-15% loss instead of the 30% most saw.

I am curious to see what will happen when the cold weather comes. I do expect a drop, but I am hoping for the 3-5 drop, not 10 like I have been reading here. I am going to go ahead and schedule my car for the PMC.

It depends where you live and what you mean by the word 'cold' -- back in January I noted that my MPG was not too good since it was 'cold' and 25-30 degrees outside, and Acdii fell out of his chair laughing... in my experience from this FFH and the last one, it dropped off about 5 MPG on average, which was a bit less than the dropoff on the Prius that was probably around 7-8 MPG or so.