hybridbear

Software Updates from Ford to improve MPGs

Had dealer do 13B07 Update on Monday...no change in MPG at all. Also, EV mode will not kick in above 62MPH. Looks like they goofed. Should have been a member of this forum BEFORE going to the dealership! Looks like a return trip is in my future.

Below was in another thread (thanks to Osofast for posting), maybe your update was using one of those two 'Do not use' versions. Mine was done with v85.05 and applied correctly the first time.

Copied from Oasis broadcast today.

6477 - Field Service Action 13B07 - Special Instruction

Certain 2013 Model Year C-MAX, Fusion, and MKZ Hybrid Vehicles - Fuel Economy Improvement - Powertrain Control Module Calibration. When updating the PCM and SOBDM-C modules as part of FSA 13B07, use IDS R85.05 or R86.01A with the VCM I or the VCM II. Do not use IDS R86.00 or R86.01.

Don't really know if the update help or not, got my car update when it has 300 miles, now shr got 1400 miles.

On interstate 400 miles round trip I got 42.4 A/C, ECO Cruise, and entertainment on all time. Travel @ 65mph.

Now on street going from 30-55mpg I got 39.6 mpg, I get to traffic speed then release gas pedal, then with ECO Cruise on when ever I can.

Does this mpg on street level ground sound normal with 1,400 mies on the car?

People in this forum mention also the salesman stated the car break in after 3,000 miles.

How much more Mpg would I get after 3,000 miles break in?

Don't use Eco cruise in city driving, it wont use EV as much as you could by feathering the pedal. It is perfect for Highway sustained drivign, but not in city. If 45 and under, manually drive. Get up to speed, relax the pedal and it should go into EV, and then just try to maintain speed while using as little blue as possible, then when it finally runs down and kicks ICE back on, get back up to speed and let the battery recharge up to about 75% and do it all over again. That's the only way to see anything like 47 in these cars.

I can tell the update has helped. Since I had it done my liftetime since I drove it off the lot has gone up from 43.5 to 43.9, I rarely have a trip under 46 now unless its short or I was in a hurry. Got 46.6 the past 2 days and 48.8 this morning. The past two days I was just not into the hybrid games, but still returned acceptable mileage.

i questionned the service desk regarding this and they told me the the tech performed the "reprogram pcm per FSA"and that is supposed to satisfy the 13b07 service from FORD??

Sounds right - 13B07 is for "PCM Recalibration" which is a "Field Service Action", or FSA

Edited by jeff_h