clummus

I really need advice about gas mileage..videos attached

Your braking score is still averaging 80%

I think a brake score of 80% needs to be improved to help the MPG improve. My wife is a Lucy Leadfoot who has two actions... GO.... and then STOP. She says she tries to drive smoothly but when I ride along it's just not as smooth as she thinks. Now she has her Energi where the mobile app logs each trip to include braking score, and hers are normally about 85-90 (an improvement) and mine are normally 98-100% since I try to be smooth. So maybe you are not driving as smoothly as you think you are, as evidenced by the 80%? There was a post from a while back about going to a neighborhood with no traffic and doing some braking tests with varying lead times for braking and checking your brake score - did you do that? The lower the brake score is the less amount of energy that is put back into the HVB that would keep things in EV more at the slower speeds and yield better MPG.

I can tell you without a doubt some of these cars do have a flaw that prevents them from achieving the rated MPG. Whether or not its the HVB, the Regen system or a flawed master computer is still unknown. When you consider that I had a Job1 SE FFH that no matter how hard I tried, I could not get consistent MPG in it, regardless of the temperature or roads. Now that I have a Job2 build and have not had any problems getting decent MPG in it, and have driven it under the same conditions as the first one with results exactly where I expected them to be, that just confirms it to me that there was an issue with the first car.

I am not done with Ford yet. Once the cold weather hits and I am driving this one under the same weather conditions and still getting decent MPG, I will be contacting Ford and raise a stink, because I was right and they were wrong.

If by any chance it can help others who had this same problem I had, well I will do what I can.